Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wyoming

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, got info during my sons HS class. It was wrong. On page 42 of Resident R and R it give born after date unless you are hunting area 75 and 79. But in hunters guide it stated area 75,77,and 79 reguardless of age. Non resident book it is on page 43. When I lived out of state in mid90s I called G and F about this and told them I had Wyo hunter safety, wanted to hunt wilderness in bighorns and was told I could not unless guided because I was no longer a resident. Sorry about misinfo.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I spent most of last night reading through the Wyoming Hunting Regulations and I still can't find any reference to a requirement that you have to have a Wyoming Hunter Safety Certificate in order to hunt in a wilderness area. I lived and hunted in Wyoming for many years and never heard of it either. Please clarify your post Wyoflightmedic.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well I just called wy gf&p the accept all states hunter safety programs so I am legel to hunt the wilderness

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck on your hunt!! I will be up there Saturday trying to sling some arrows at some elk too

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Thats a new one on me! I am old enough to not have a Hunter Safety requirement, I hunted in the Teton Wilderness last year and didn't need one. If you are a NR you need a "Resident " Guide or an Outfitter to hunt in a Wilderness area, don't see anything in the regs about Hunter Safety, only the requirement to have it to hunt if you were born after a certain date. Use old farts don't need it...can't read that good anyway....Ha!
    CC you crack me up!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    All you need is a Hunter safety Card.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You are only legal to hunt in the wilderness if you are a residents, nonresidents must have a guide.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Oops, I see you are a resident. Try hunting along timberline east from Woodchuck Pass. That's pretty easy access into the high country.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Got info from my sons Hunter safety class, looked at regs, page 42 for residents and page 43 for non resident states that if born after date class is reqiured and if hunting area 75 and 79 regardless of age you have to have hunter safety class. When I moved away from Wyoming I called G and F about me hunting in wilderness I was told dispite me having a Wyoming Hunter Safety class I still had to have a guide.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    A Hunters Safety Certificate from any state is required of anyone that was born after January 1, 1966 in order to hunt in Wyoming.
    A Hunters Safety Certificate is not a requirement of anyone born before that date in order to hunt in wilderness areas in Wyoming BUT all non-residents must have a guide in order to hunt wilderness areas in Wyoming. The exception to the rule is that anyone, resident or non-resident, regardless of age, must have a Hunters Safety Certificate in order to hunt in areas 75 and 79 (Grand Teton Park).