Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    I hope so ! My son and I got pretty sunburned.!we wore brimmed hats and long sleeves too. Hopefully I'll see a nice buck in the morning and not last light !
    Just remember your water and you'll be ok! LOL
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    Just remember your water and you'll be ok! LOL
    Yeah, ha ha ! I was carrying two bottles but left one out for the evening hunt. Murphy's law huh ... ? LOL !
    My friend went to Bodie Hills this morning and it was full of sheep on the hill I shot at the buck and saw the other two ! I saw the sheep herder down the road and on other side for two days before. Nice huh ? BLM leasing sheep grazing on public land for probably a dollar a head like the Forestry Dept. does on public land for cattle. Not much for the deer to eat in Bodie Hills as there is ! My friend is calling his BLM buddy Mon. to raise hell. I am also. Fcking B.S.. Why don't they graze them up high ? Tons of grass up by Virgina Lakes/Green Creek.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 3 Posts
    I just dont get this grazing bs, 7b is tore to shreds because of the sheep! DFG has zero clout with BLM, USFS, you name it! Keep the grazers off for a couple years, or forever, and watch the herds rebound.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BossBrott View Post
    I just dont get this grazing bs, 7b is tore to shreds because of the sheep! DFG has zero clout with BLM, USFS, you name it! Keep the grazers off for a couple years, or forever, and watch the herds rebound.
    I second that ! The damn wooley's eat it right down to the dirt unlike a cow. Here's a good one for you. My son and I busted our asse's to get to the top of the mtn. at Buckeye. when we did, I was looking around and saw all these tracks at first I thought were deer in the dried mud and crap all over. The I found some all stuck together like sheep. I thought Hmmmm...? Then a couple days later when I saw the sheep in Bodie Hills I rememberd what I saw and said how the hell did they get the sheep way up on top of that mtn. ? There are no roads on the other side either. What a crock to ruin the area and chase the deer from it.
    In 1988 I drew a Reg. G tag in Wy.. When I got to the Grey's River area, nothing but sheep and wiped out area's the sheep had been. Hunted up higher and higher to get away from them. Do the Dept.'s like to coincide their the grazing with hunting season's ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've seen heards of sheep like that in the dixie nat. forest, UT, too. I didn't know sheep were allowed to cause so much distruction on federal land. It should be out lawed, but like you say cattle are so much differant because they actually graze instead of wipeing everything out.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I know if I had a few points I'd put in for x5b next year. The fire will scare off more hunters than deer...... I've hunted some of the desert areas of the eastern sierras that have burned in the past, the areas that burned look better than the areas that didn't. There's no need to bitch about blm, usfs, and dfg, they aren't doing anything different than they did in the "good ole days". If anything there is less grazing from cattle and sheep. The deer are there, they just have changed their habits.