Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

A broken arrow and a broken heart

<------ ----< = </3

That's supposed to be a broken arrow equals a broken sideways heart. I have shot two things this year and both times my arrows have snapped in half. I've never has this happen before! Any ideas on why this is happening? It's very frustrating to me.

Thanks
    you are still killing the animal right? the arrow making a pass through? if the animal dies than no worries, is it hitting a tree while deer is running away??

Thanks
    Are these new arrows or have you been using them for awhile? If you have been using them for a while, new bow? or make any changes to your bow?

Thanks
    If the animal is dead and recovered, no problem. The broadhead may be hitting bone and sticking and the arrow is breaking off when the animal flees. You can always switch to tougher shafts. What poundage are you shooting?

Thanks
    They are newer arrows.. They are Easton FMJ's! I have a 25" draw length and I'm shooting 62 pounds.. My arrows are cut at 26" and they are 400's 10.2 gpi. The bear died with the broken arrow but I shot a deer this morning and can't find him. He had a decent blood trail but I lost it after he got into real thick sagebrush. The blood trail would taper off and then get real heavy again and then pool real bad. I searched for what seemed like forever.

Thanks
    The only other new thing I did was put a string stopper thingy on my bow. I don't see that making a difference in my arrow breaking though...?!

Thanks
    None of that sounds unreasonable equipment-wise. Maybe just one of those things. Only thing I'd note, though I can't really see how it would make a difference, is that the arrows seem to be longer than they would have to be (depending on your set up, of course). I have a 30 inch draw and my arrows are cut to 29, as with most compounds, the rest sits back a bit on the riser, but, again, I don't see how this would cause arrows to break.

Thanks
    If your arrow impacts tight to the shoulder i don't think it's unusual to break off a shaft when the animal bolts, broadside or quartering away. I've heard aluminum shafts break and have had whitetails break off both sides clean on a standing broadside shot and found only a shaft the width of the chest cavity still inside( no trees involved). A lost animal is a heartbreaker no doubt but don't beat yourself up over it.

Thanks
    im gonna assume you shot the deer and whitetail from a tree stand? if so and you dont generaly use a tree stand the arrow will fly in at a totaly diff angle, like trytrack said, prob hitting bone. go buy some choclates and youll figure it out

Thanks
    Lol I will never hunt in a tree stand. I never have and never will. I do eat chocolate though. I asked the guy at the bow shop here and he said its probably because I don't shoot a Hoyt.