Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've lived here in SW Colorado since I retired 13 years ago. Most of the longtime residents still consider me (and other new residents) as outsiders. I've had good luck getting permission to hunt waterfowl on private property, but big game is a different story. A lot of the farmers bitch and cry to G & F about the damage the elk & deer do to their hay, but ask permission to hunt (and help them out), forget it, you'd do better asking to borrow their best pickup truck! That unfortunately is a fact and I suspect the same in other western states.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have 2 PP for antelope and 2 PP for deer if you guys want to put in for an area and share a camp next year? PM me if interested.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If any of you gentleman down south have any hog hunting and would be interested in doing some goat hunting or deer hunting up here in Montana let me know, maybe we can work something out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    MThusker buddy you name time and date come down to south or central Florida and we can go chase some hogs

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 2brassballs View Post
    Bob I have 1 point
    Sent you a P.M.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 2brassballs View Post
    Bob I have 1 point
    Me too, I blew mine last year. I'm booked for this year but might get something going for next.

Bob

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by MTHusker View Post
    If any of you gentleman down south have any hog hunting and would be interested in doing some goat hunting or deer hunting up here in Montana let me know, maybe we can work something out.
    I've got hogs come on down! I've got a buddy with dogs unless you want to stand hunt them over corn.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been on solo's & with groups. It is a blast if you got some die-hard hunters. I'd rather solo as have to put up with a homesick wimp though. I can't stand taking someone out west, they tag out & want to go home immediately. If I set 10 days aside to go out west, I stay the 10 days. If we all tag out, we scout for future hunts. If I drive a 1000 miles, I'm going to enjoy my stay. That is my rule, I tell them up front "If you can't run with the Big Dogs stay on the porch!"
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 26 Times in 1 Post
    Eberle, I couldn't agree more. You don't go out there just to see how quickly you can get back. I usually am more inclined to try to figure out a way to stay one more day. I have gone solo the last 6 years to southwest Colorado, so if anyone is a elk/deer bowhunter, I would be interested in being part of a bigger group. I am a horrible cook, but I am always willing to help pack out an animal! That has to count for something. lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Eberle View Post
    I've been on solo's & with groups. It is a blast if you got some die-hard hunters. I'd rather solo as have to put up with a homesick wimp though. I can't stand taking someone out west, they tag out & want to go home immediately. If I set 10 days aside to go out west, I stay the 10 days. If we all tag out, we scout for future hunts. If I drive a 1000 miles, I'm going to enjoy my stay. That is my rule, I tell them up front "If you can't run with the Big Dogs stay on the porch!"
    I like staying the the hole 10 or 15 days I have took off but if we tag out an have coolers full like heading back home an get started on the biggest job getting them in the freezer an here at home when we get back from out west deer hunting is at its best so I see it both ways