Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Engideer View Post
    Eberle, I couldn't agree more. You don't go out there just to see how quickly you can get back. I usually am more inclined to try to figure out a way to stay one more day. I have gone solo the last 6 years to southwest Colorado, so if anyone is a elk/deer bowhunter, I would be interested in being part of a bigger group. I am a horrible cook, but I am always willing to help pack out an animal! That has to count for something. lol
    If I ever load up an go an my guys stay home I will post it like meeting new people an learning new things

Thanks
    Congratulations
    maybe eastmans.com should have a new section for "hunt ideas" ie... CO mulie 2014? etc... linking local hunters open to traveling to hunt other areas etc...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    maybe eastmans.com should have a new section for "hunt ideas" ie... CO mulie 2014? etc... linking local hunters open to traveling to hunt other areas etc...
    Sounds like a great idea!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Eberle View Post
    I've been on solo's & with groups. It is a blast if you got some die-hard hunters. I'd rather solo as have to put up with a homesick wimp though. I can't stand taking someone out west, they tag out & want to go home immediately. If I set 10 days aside to go out west, I stay the 10 days. If we all tag out, we scout for future hunts. If I drive a 1000 miles, I'm going to enjoy my stay. That is my rule, I tell them up front "If you can't run with the Big Dogs stay on the porch!"
    Exactly how I feel. I cut an elk hunt short once and swore never to do it again. I still hunt with the same guy, but we have that issue settled now. He takes extra vacation days so if he comes back to work early they are happy, but he has the time to burn. I'm lucky, I have hunted with the same guy I started hunting with ever since. We grew up hunting small game together since our folks trusted us with BB guns and worked our way up to deer. We have certainly had bumps in the road but we can pretty much read each others minds at this point which helps. I am serious about doing research and planning hunts and he just kinda wants to know when to show up and what to bring so I handle most of that end. He always pays his half, spends his share of time behind the wheel, and does his share of the work, so we get along fine. I still like to meet new people and see other peoples methods though, you can always learn something.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I mostly go solo when it comes to bow hunting, 50-100 miles from home but prefer to have a buddy along when heading out West. We're both about the same age and get along pretty well. We might not see each other for months so we always are catching up on family new's and such on the ride out. When you're 600 miles from home I like the idea of having an extra set of eyes, hands and legs along. It seems like 2 is a good number for a hunting group, lots of other stuff if you get many more than that. Just my 2 cents. Good luck to everyone this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I guess I have it pretty good, living in Idaho.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Looking for hunting partner next month thinking about going out west for first time on a deer hunt ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I gave up waiting for people to hunt with. I went to Cody Wy bow hunting last month and I'm going back with the rifle next month. I've heard all the BS I can take. I tell people where I'm going, if they want in great if not dont BS me. I also don't give any meat to anyone who hunts if they can't get off there butt.