Thread: Montana Maps

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts

Montana Maps

Guy's... I'm looking for a place to buy unit specific topo maps for Montana that have land owner designation. The place I get maps like this for Colorado doesn't carry Montana maps. I need a unit 404 map for an upcoming antelope hunt. Anyone know where to find the type of map I'm looking for?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are you looking for land owner names or just public and private boundries? If you want just private and public land designation, go to http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/planahunt/ then click antelope region 4 and hit launch map. Zoom in on your area and print. This will also show block management in the area.

If you have a gps and want to know who owns the land check out www.huntinggpsmaps.com. I have this on my gps and it is very helpful to know where your at.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by goatpoop View Post
    Are you looking for land owner names or just public and private boundries? If you want just private and public land designation, go to http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/planahunt/ then click antelope region 4 and hit launch map. Zoom in on your area and print. This will also show block management in the area.

If you have a gps and want to know who owns the land check out www.huntinggpsmaps.com. I have this on my gps and it is very helpful to know where your at.
    I was just looking for public/ private boundaries. I looked at the fwp web site and it's a little confusing since I've never hunted in Montana. With the block management areas so spread out in the unit, and the lack of them, it seems like you need to pick an area of them and stick to them (assuming they are the only place you can hunt without land owner permission?). Seems like it really limits the area's you can hunt. I'm sure it will make more sense once I get it figured out more.

Do the gps maps show the block management areas you can hunt or??? Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another tool would be to Google Montana Cadastral. Takes sometime to get familiar with but it does show land ownership, and it's free. Speaking of that... I need something like this for Idaho.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah unfortunately the hunt maps gps do not show block management. Contact region 4 and ask them if they have any maps of that area. http://fwp.mt.gov/regions/r4/

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by goatpoop View Post
    Yeah unfortunately the hunt maps gps do not show block management. Contact region 4 and ask them if they have any maps of that area. http://fwp.mt.gov/regions/r4/
    Will do... thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    This is an interactive map that allows you to click on all the block management units in the state. It shows whether it is type 1 or 2 (i.e. whether you have to make prior arrangements with the rancher or simply sign in yourself), gives individual BM maps and detailed descriptions of what you can and can't do on each unit. Just adjust the map to show Antelope units instead of Deer/Elk units and you can explore all the available BM in your unit. Good luck. It looks like that is one big ass unit.

http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/hunterAcce...ckman/region4/
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another site to check out is mytopo.com. Go to their site and check out the hunt unit maps. Good luck.