Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    I don't worry about it. I find hunters where I hunt but I know where the deer are. Most of these people don't have a clue. I went after a 3x4 after 5 quads went by him on the mountain. I knew where he was but he ended up getting spooked. I also scout and most people don't so scouting key. Also not all of us archery guys are going to take a buck if any are like me.
    Ya you've had a tough one but you have the drive. You will get the chance and get the bomber your looking for. Keep up the hard work.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Ya you've had a tough one but you have the drive. You will get the chance and get the bomber your looking for. Keep up the hard work.
    Thanks, my parents finally realize how to archery hunt. We went out 3 days at a time and when we left I knew what I had to do so they promised me a week next year even though they said that the last 2 years so we will see. Might have to lower my standards from 180 class to a nice 3 point.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Jees what a hassle! OH

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IKIC, I thought of some advice for you when people ask where you hunt. When you get a nice animal and they say, "where did you get that one?" Just tell them what my uncle says, "right behind the front shoulder."

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    IKIC, I thought of some advice for you when people ask where you hunt. When you get a nice animal and they say, "where did you get that one?" Just tell them what my uncle says, "right behind the front shoulder."
    Heck ya! I like it thanx!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    i hear ya all on people taking your spots even tho its mostly private land here in ok i started out at about age 6 hunting with an older distant family member and 10 years later he had aprox 15 friends that he was bringing out that got old pretty quick needless to say there is only about 2 that still come out hunting, and it was not a very pretty picture when they found out they couldnt come out any more, the lesson i learned if someone is selfish enough to take it upon their selves to keep on inviting people to a good spot then im gonna be selfish enough not to invite em huntin with me any more
    My mule deer hunting hole in Nv has now been foun out! I saw 6 different archery hunters in the same spot I took my 175" buck last year. And while Antalope hunting for my wife's buck this year I saw 4 rigs roll up the same drainage we go to and didn't come out. I've heard that to get the rif raff out I should tell everyone I know about the area and let it get hunted out then nobody will hunt there anymore then u can go back in 5 years or so and get good bucks again. I'm not to sure about this "strategy". I've been so pretective of the area I have a hard time telling folks about it. I know one of my hunting partners have told a few guys and I feel this has been the demise of the area but I won't blame it all on him. (I want to though). What do you guys think I should do? I have decided to start hunting a new area so at least I and my buddies won't be taking more deer from the area to help with my cause but I'm really bummed about this area we have been taking great bucks for the past 6 years or so.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dying to kill For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by dying to kill View Post
    i hear ya all on people taking your spots even tho its mostly private land here in ok i started out at about age 6 hunting with an older distant family member and 10 years later he had aprox 15 friends that he was bringing out that got old pretty quick needless to say there is only about 2 that still come out hunting, and it was not a very pretty picture when they found out they couldnt come out any more, the lesson i learned if someone is selfish enough to take it upon their selves to keep on inviting people to a good spot then im gonna be selfish enough not to invite em huntin with me any more

I like it! Words to live by. Thanx

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Don't get too freaked out about it, IKIC. Every year good trophies are taken in high-pressure areas. I also prefer to hunt less-pressured country, though. I am willing to help point somebody in the right direction, but some of my areas are still secret ... SHHHH.

The one great equalizer is remoteness. When I killed my deer deep in the wilderness last year, I didn't see a soul. You would have to be crazy to hunt deer there...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Don't get too freaked out about it, IKIC. Every year good trophies are taken in high-pressure areas. I also prefer to hunt less-pressured country, though. I am willing to help point somebody in the right direction, but some of my areas are still secret ... SHHHH.

The one great equalizer is remoteness. When I killed my deer deep in the wilderness last year, I didn't see a soul. You would have to be crazy to hunt deer there...
    That's what we say lot too when we kill a big deer in our spot too. We are Friggin stupid to hunt were we do but it seems to produce big bucks. A long hike in a a longer pack out. It never seems to even enter my mind when I'm looking at that buck way down in a canyon but when he's down and the photos are all done being taken and you begin to calm down and process on where you accually are then it sinks in. But in the high pressure areas we go to where the big bucks have been in the passed and hope to find one again. I guess the good thing is most guys won't find it but every year they seem to be popping up closer and closer to our spot.

Screw it! I'm gonna start road hunting! Anybody have a good road I can hunt? I'm not looking for info on your honey holes just a good road that I can shoot good deer from!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Screw it! I'm gonna start road hunting! Anybody have a good road I can hunt? I'm not looking for info on your honey holes just a good road that I can shoot good deer from!
    Hahahaha!!! Now that's funny.