Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I personally am getting tired of hearing people complain about how Wyoming is managed. Our game and fish does the best they can with what they have. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Wyo has the best opportunity to shoot a branch antlered elk in the lower 48. The mule deer problem is nation wide. They are falling hard. They game and fish are having statewide meetings with the public to see what is best for EVERYONE!!! Not just what is best for the dept. to make money. Price tag increases are one option. Seperate mulie and whitetail tags is another. The super tag auction, along with selling special stamps which the money will go to wildlife management (which I would bet not one NR will purchase) are all options they are considering. So please, don't jump the gun and assume that the price increase is the only option until you yourself have read into this a little further!!!

Personally, I feel that if you don't like what the state is doing, then don't come here. Trust me, it won't hurt the state. Someone else will just jump in your place instead of you! Right now Wyo is average or below average to what most states charge for out of state tags in the West. The price increase would put them at the top. I'm really tired of the millions of people living outside of Wyo trying to control what goes on here in Wyo. They have put a stop to coal, oil, and gas production and have cut 100's of jobs. The funny thing is, they all either fly here to protest or drive here. All of which requires the use of coal and oil!!!!! Now the NR want to control how we manage our wildlife for whats best for the NR. Why dont you think about whats best for Wyo, because the G&F really are in need of money. The game and fish have struggled for a few years now trying to be able to afford food for the elk on the winter ranges. Thankfully, some rich guy usually comes through and donates a couple million so it can be done.

So I thank the game and fish for all they do. Putting their lives at risk patrolling our forests and dealing with all the morons that poach and bitch about crappy management. They never can and never will be able to satisfy everyone out there. They do make mistakes, but who doesn't!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    good post birdhunter. I have said numerous times that I have had nothing but positive experiences with the WGFD. People in the office, wardens, biologists have been great to talk to and super helpful. There is no doubt that nobody likes tag increases, and it does stink for guys like me in the middle class of america having another increase to deal with. But as I said earlier, when budgets get cut, what are they supposed to do? I personally would like a different policy in mule deer managment, and I think I read in an Eastmans article that WY is looking into that. Thats a good thing. I don think the "region" tags work as well as they may have used to in the past.

And its not just WY that is getting killed in the job front..........regulations are killing many jobs in many states. So i get you there.

I love the state, and have hunted there since I was a kid. My fam has spent thousands and thousands of dollars over the year in the Wyoming. I doubt I will ever stop hunting there unless I simply cant afford it! I have met and talked to so many GOOD people from wyoming (birdhunter being one of them) among many good landowner, hunters, people in towns, and ect. I do wish there was better waysto beter things than tag increases. But in this day and age, budgets are cut everywhere in every facet of state gov't. the GF in WY is no different. But I dont hate the WGF, and I dont hate the state. Its a great state with many great people. I cant wait to drive out there this coming tuesday!

I just hope and pray that the hutning opportunities I grew up with still exist when my kids are old enough to hunt!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just love how you residents think all that "public" land is "yours". That ground belongs to everyone to use, the sad truth is that hunting is becoming a rich mans game. All the hunting shows and "scoring" of animals will be hunting's demise. And it is happening everywhere. You can't find a place to deer hunt in missouri without paying to lease the land. That is why I was going to start hunting out of state. Sold my little deer hunting spot and figured for the same money I could just hop around out west and pursue different game. But I am heading to wyoming in a couple weeks to try and fill a cow elk tag. Haven't been hunting since colorado raised their rates. It has been way to long since I have ate an elk steak. I would probably pay the $750 for an elk tag if I had a good chance at an elk. Wyoming will see a huge amount of people dumping thier points next year. If nothing else it will be out of spite. And they will see a drop in hunters after the increase. How much I don't know, the increse to lost hunter ratio could even out or they could end up loosing reveune on the deal. And then there will be the guys who went every year that will be the every other or every 3rd year guys. Prices are going up on all things, I just don't think a 50% jump on some of the tags is smart. But what do I know I haven't been to college and wear boots and jeans to work.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sigpros,

No one ever said all public land is theirs. The wildlife that lives on that public land belongs to the state that the wildlife is in. You can cry about it all you want, but it's federal law. And since it is the state's right to manage wildlife, they manage it the way the residents of the state see fit. Because at the end of the day, those same residents vote.

I don't know why people that CHOOSE to live in an area with no public land, cry so hard at the way it is managed. If you want a say, move West pay taxes and be part of the solution. Instead of complaining about something you don't have any control over.

All that is happening is Wyoming Game and Fish is raising the "tax" to pay for an increase in cost for services. The same as any other government agency.

Drop your tags I don't care, I'll figure out a way to pay for mine if I am eating mac and cheese and chinese food 5 nights a week. If you people drop all your sheep tags, it will mean I have a better shot at drawing a ram.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm not crying at all. I will use the control I have and not spend any of my money in your beloved western state then. No big deal to me, I can go to Africa every 3 to 5 years instead of buying points and tags in wyoming. And I know that the state a
    has control over the animals. But maybe the state should pay the fed a fee for the graze the animals eat on the federally owned land? In missouri we have a sales tax that goes to our game and fish dept. I think it's like 1/8 of a cent. It helps out a lot with operating cost. I do agree that it's a slippery slope for sure and it is our responsibility to take care of all wildlife not just the game animals. I just think such a high jump is crazy. Why not do it $50 or $75 a year?

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sig,

And maybe you should pay the federal government every time your dog farts for contributing to the methane gas of our planet. Gotcha! Anyway, we both know that isn't going to happen.

Why not $50-75 per year? Because they need the money now, not in 5 or 6 years.

Dude, listen to me. I am a working stiff just like you are. Actually instead of a jeans I wear a military uniform every day. Not only am I in the military but I am a lowly E6 enlisted! Dirty E, we are called.

Pack your bags move west 2 or 3 states and make it work.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    hoshour,
    Quite a sense of entitlement you have there, did you pay taxes in Wyoming in 2011? Are you paying Wyoming taxes in 2012?
    Does Wyoming have a state income tax? They had more tax money than they knew what to do with in Campbell county when I was growing up in Gillette. My jr. high school had a Planetarium!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Indeed, even without an income tax, WYoming has been running on a budget surplus. Make no mistake about it, raising the price of tags is NOT directly to pay for conservation.
    DIY til I DIE

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wyoming has property tax and sales tax.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wyoming's Game and Fish is by law damn near completely funded by fishing and hunting tag sales revenues.