Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    We keep going to cheaper states but pretty soon they will all be expensive and then we will either have to pay or stay home. They have found the limit of what hunters will pay but they dont seem to be listening or care. Idaho has lost money since raising their prices. Idaho general tags are pretty much OTC since the price increase and montana aint far behind. I believe oregon did about the same thing? Wyoming should really look at how its working out for other states and take note.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is why I only hunt in New Mexico! Out of state hunting fees and costs are ridiculous! Stick with your own state and do a lot of scouting and you will take some good trophies. If out of state hunting wasn't so ridiculously expensive, I'd do it to.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovethewest View Post
    Just some perspective.............its not just a "western" thing. I live in Wisconsin..........a gun tag is 25.00. A bow tag is 25.00. And you get some free doe tags too (which I dont use b/c we shoot way way too many deer in this state....i HATE the free doe tag BS).......but NR's pay like 150.....175 for a gun tag. Same price for Bow I think. But Iowa..................its like 400 or 450 for a deer tag. Illinois is between 300-400. Its insane.
    I'm a former Wisconsinite, now living in Illinois. We lead the nation in gouging NR's for white tail tags -- just ove $400, I believe (Iowa charges a little more, but at least they limit the tags to a reasonable number). I think Wisconsin is generous,with the $170 tags -- plus the new program where if you didn't buy a tag in the last 10 years, its half price,
    I just think, we're all Americans. Why do we gouge the piss out of each other? My state is amng the worst, so I'm not pointing fingers. But, I just think hunting in America should be accessible to Americans.
    s

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by dhershberger View Post
    Stick with your own state and do a lot of scouting and you will take some good trophies.
    Hey, you must not have hunted southern CA Lol
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hunt a cheaper western state? When Wyoming raises it's prices, all the other western states will follow suit. You might get away hunting somewhere else for one year but it won't last. They'll all raise their prices.....trust me!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You guys who are not happy, be sure to tell the G&F on their website. They actually ask for our input so let's at least give them the suggestions we think would be better. http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/news-1000952.aspx

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhershberger View Post
    This is why I only hunt in New Mexico! Out of state hunting fees and costs are ridiculous! Stick with your own state and do a lot of scouting and you will take some good trophies. If out of state hunting wasn't so ridiculously expensive, I'd do it to.
    The only problem with this is that here in Colorado the really great areas take mega points to draw. It took me 12 years to get enough points to draw my antelope unit I'm hunting this year. Some of the elk units need 20+ points! If the points needed never changed, at best you could only draw a unit like this a few time in your life!!!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I submitted my ideas to the WGFD. Hope they at least read my thoughts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Africa every 3 years might be my game plan. Im about to give up on big game hunting and stick to predator calling.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    The only problem with this is that here in Colorado the really great areas take mega points to draw. It took me 12 years to get enough points to draw my antelope unit I'm hunting this year. Some of the elk units need 20+ points! If the points needed never changed, at best you could only draw a unit like this a few time in your life!!!
    Yeah well you can have a lot of fun hunting OTC units in Colorado. You may not shoot those big trophy bucks and bulls every year but with hard work I'm sure you could take respectable animals. A lot of hunting is enjoying God's creation and spending time with friends and family. I'm so glad that NM doesn't have a points system.