Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Play, I gave up sports for hunting and regret it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm 62 years old and there is not a fall that comes around that I wish I had played sports in school instead of all the other stupid things I did. Play ball, wrestle or any other school activity that comes around. You are only young once, don't miss out on some of the most exciting times of your life!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    lets hope you dont mess your shooting shoulder up

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Yeah, hopefully I not good enough for QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    My football coach got mad at me for going deer hunting, that was in middle school, ever since then, my personal choice was hunting, I don't regret it but that's me. I'm not a football fan at all, I wish I did play more baseball though, huge baseball fan.

Go A's!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    If you like football and you get to play, play. Plenty of life ahead for hunting. Me pesonally I hunted, I sucked at sports. It was a no brainer for me, hunt or sit on the bench. I've never regreted not playing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think most hunters have been in your shoes.....here is what i think, have you played football? Do you know that you will love it as much as hunting? If you know that you will love playing football more than hunting, then play, if not, then stick to hunting. Your friends wont shun you if they are true friends if you choose hunting, plus what happends if you go out and play and hurt yourself? Tear an ACL or mess your shoulder up? Then what? No hunting for you this year. Granted you can hurt yourself doing anything, but you up your chances playing football. But take my advise for what its worth, i love playing sports, i loved playing football and i encourage it, but to me it seems like your heart is in hunting and i would follow that.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am also in HS and I have decided to hunt rather than play sports, especially since I drew a pretty sweet deer tag. You don't get the chance at a NM 2B november mule deer rifle tag very often so I decided to focus on that. Just do what you are most passionate about. For me it is hunting so I choose that over sports.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Can't make the choice for you, but I wouldn't trade the friends made and lessons leaned playing football, for anything. I am also a big-time hunter but like others have said you have your whole life for that. I would go back and re-live my high school years and the football games in a heartbeat if I had the chance. I bowhunted the weekends and after football season, really didn't interfer that much in my situation.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Your choice, but I would drop football. I spent my first deer season in a cast from football. 2 surgeries and 20 years latter and I am fine. but that doesn’t mean that I will be in another 20! Me and my knee regret ever playing it. Love watching it but I risked too much of what I truly love.

You get this little window of time, from when you can go it alone until you get married and have kids. This is the time where you will have the most money and most freedom, spend it wisely.

I remember someone interviewing Jack Nicklaus a few years ago (when Tiger Woods was just going on his run) about Tiger breaking his records. Jack said something to the effect of “wait until he gets married and has some kids, then we will see”. Hmmmm….