Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

I may have created a monster!

Yesterday was my 6th wedding aniversary. Althogh my wife and I have been together for almost 10 years she has never gone shooting with me. I have always told her that I would love for her to go but that I wanted her to tell me when she was ready. The other day I almost had a heart attack when she said she would like to go shooting for our aniversary. So when I got off work yesterday we were off. Although she only shot the 22 she did awesome both with safety and her accuracy. She has always been a little nervous with guns so I was very happy to see how comfortable she was when we were done. I don't think she could have given me a better aniversary present. I just hope she doesn't use her new found shooting skills against me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thats awesome to hear! Its always a pleasure when I get my wife to go shooting with me. I can always tell though she gets bored after only 30 or so minutes. Its a pleasure though knowing you dont need a vest to take her safely to the range though! lol.
    I hunt because......

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Way cool! My wife really enjoys hunting but shooting she does get bored too. But I will say the 22 will not last long, she will want to shoot something bigger each time. Then it will be the hand guns. And all of this will lead to hunting with you and that will be a real fun time for both of you. Well it has been for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sounds like a nice aniversary. My wife will go every now and then just to shoot the 357, because thats what she has out to hold down the fort while I'm away on over night trips. Better to be safe than sorry right. But she dose get bored any more than a hour at the range.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My Wife and I got married in May of this year, she never was big on the guns. She didn't feel safe with them, even though she was always safe and a good shot. But last month she shot a friends bow and a few weeks later we got her one!! I loved telling my friend that I taught to shoot that she was kicking his butt on the first few arrows!! I can't wait to go on a hunt with her next year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    But I will say the 22 will not last long, she will want to shoot something bigger each time.
    No joke! She already wants to step up to the 22-250 and the .243 next time we go. I got a bad feeling that I'm going to be broke by the time this is all over! Oh well, more toys for me!!