Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hunt from hell

Thanks

hunt from hell

so spent last 6 days down along nevada border chasing bulls, big bulls!! first day spoted 2 hawgs that were pushing 375, later that day passed on a decent 300 bull 20 yrds out, next day tire whent flat.... no spare! 5 hours later and some good friends that was fixed. next morning stalked within 100yrd of one of the big7x ive been watching, release was left at camp! next day after sitting on a water hole for 8 hours a big 6x and cows came in, while waiting for him to step out 2 guys on horses walked by and spooked them. really? 10 tags in unit and havent seen anyone in 3 days and they show up right as the bull does??? really?? i was ready for some good sleep and good food so headed home yesterday eve. seen a decent 4x buck pulled up on him at 40 then realized i was to tired to deal with any of that at the moment. got back to blackfoot bout 1130pm and heard knocking under hood, belts and altinator destroyed, radiator hose and power steering hose destroyed. ha. has to get better right?

Thanks
    Yeah, the best thing about hitting rock bottom is that your situation can only get better. Seeing a couple of 375 inch bulls certainly didn't make the hunt a bust.

Thanks
    Sounds like you had an eventful hunt ivory...one you won't forget any time soon. It'll get better, wait and see! Better luck on the next one.

Thanks
    Always remember "anything that can go wrong will go wrong" but look on the bright side.....you seen some great bulls and had a trip to remember, are you going back? or is that hunt done?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Right now I'd kill for 6 days like that! Buck up, man, you're livin' the dream.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Holy shit man! That friggin sucks! I had a similar issue on my Nv deer hunt last year. The only 20 mile stretch with no cell service and no spare I also blew a tire. Thank god for good friends. It's over now and you will look back on it and remember the good things like all the bulls you saw. Sorry it went so bad for you.

Thanks
    Sorry, man. I just had a hankerin' to take them hosses for a ride. They bein pent up most the summer. Didn't figgeron anybody being back in there.
    http://www.idahoman.com/ - an online, outdoors focused magazine, highlighting hunting, fishing, the land, and the issues surrounding those opportunities in Idaho.

Thanks
    haha funny idaho! nah it was cool seeing so many big bulls, every morning and eve i could glass one of the big 7's he was allways skylined right before and right after dark. he had his cows and crawled inside of the thickest crap during daylight, most action he would give me was a few grunts, finaly one of his cows came out to inspect the decoy, she barked at it and whent back to papa. it was a mess but cool nontheless, thank god i have the super tag and can hunt till end of december. ill be back in oct, with rifle!

Thanks
    hombre... how did your hunt go?

Thanks
    I'm waiting for rifle season to start up. The only thing that really makes me keep bow hunting at bay is that I can't get over the concept of hunting when it is 80 or 90 degrees out.
    http://www.idahoman.com/ - an online, outdoors focused magazine, highlighting hunting, fishing, the land, and the issues surrounding those opportunities in Idaho.