Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

SW Colorado Monsoons

For those of you that are planning on hunting the San Juan NF area......It looks like the monsoons have really started.

For the past week of so we have had rain almost every afternoon/evening. It is a welcome change to the hot, dry early summer/late spring we had. Temps are back to near normal, hope it continues. Only time will tell. All of the irrigation impoundments are really low as the farmers are using every last drop they can get...me included. Last week I was in the upper Dolores River (river itself is really low)drainage and it looked like spring. Lots of grass and wildflowers. (didn't have my camera!!) I am going to try to get back up there again next week as I have a M/L elk tag in that area.

Will keep you posted on conditions.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was out at daybreak this morning scouting. I'm loving the moist ground. Really easy to be quiet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This weather has been nice. I'm waiting to see some white capped mountains soon.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I saw them this morning.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hunted Monday, Tue and Wed and got drenched every day! Rained all day on Tuesday. I was hunting at 11,000 and the trees and meadows (parks) have started to turn, was 30 this am. Unfortunately never got a shot, saw a few elk and deer, but too far away (1000+ yds). If I had a bear tag, could have had a pop at a really nice black bear, but thats it. The area I like to hunt had 4 archery hunter camps (3 out of state), looks like they had worked the animals pretty hard. Usually no one camped in this area. Did not hear any bugleing either. When I did all my scouting the last month, saw lots of elk, but nada now. Came home to dry out, probably head back out tomorrow to a different area.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley