Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the 2200 and like it best. The configuration is a little odd, but it does a great job of hauling meat if needed for the initial haul out. I really like the configuration and versatility of the Eberlestock, but I just couldn't get them to fit well. I bought the blue widow and took it back after testing it with 40lbs of weight. The torso was too short and it put too much weight on my shoulders vs my hips. I adjusted it as long or tall as it would go. The 2200 it taller or longer...which was a lot more comfortable. You really don't want much weight on your shoulders, they're more for stabilization. Total bummer because I liked the versatility of the Eberlstock. You won't know until you put weight in one and do a little hiking. Then differences become obvious. Everyone is different, so try them. Both are great quality.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    J34. It can do way more than the other packs if your hunting style ever changed.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've had a Badlands 2200 for about 5 yrs.. The first yr. I broke 2 zippers on it. Sent it to them and they repaired for free.
    This year I broke 4 of them. Just the dust/dirt jacks them up. also the zipper handles brake. I was so pissed off at that pack this year I swore to buy a new/different one. A couple members on the Forum were with me in Ca. and Wy. and can verify the problems it caused and how mad I was. I'm going to send it back and they can repair or replace it, I don't care. I'm still going to but another so I'm glad this thread got started !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    In my experience, Eberlestock packs have a quality of construction advantage over Badlands packs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have had the x2 and have the j34 right now. I got the 34 because the x2 wasn't big enough to keep all my gear inside for backcountry camping. I would say if your just doing day hunts the x2 is the way to go, but if your going a few miles back and camping I'd go with the j34, it's awesome because you can collapse it into a day pack. And the scabbard is awesome.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Those of you who prefer the X2 for day hunts, do you use the optional side scabbard or just carry your rifle on a sling? To me the best part of an Eberlestock is the scabbard most times.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Gperkins21 View Post
    I went to sportsmans today and checked em all out! The badlands pack does not fit my torso lengnth nor my waist. So thats out of the question im still split between the two eberlestocks!!
    I just received my badlands 2200 from camofire and what a dissapointment. It didn't fit me as well. torso length and I'd have to put on a couple inches in the waist for it to fit snug. bummer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have had the x2 and have the j34 right now. I got the 34 because the x2 wasn't big enough to keep all my gear inside for backcountry camping. I would say if your just doing day hunts the x2 is the way to go, but if your going a few miles back and camping I'd go with the j34, it's awesome because you can collapse it into a day pack. And the scabbard is awesome.
    JBud, is right on the money with this one. It really depends on your hunting style. The J34 is suited for multiple days in the backcountry with the ability to comfortably carry out a heavy load of meat. The X2 is no slouch either with its beefy internal frame, but it lacks the fine-tuning adjustable suspension that the J34 has. The X2 is a one size fits all style. The X2 can haul a heavy load without pack failure but it will not be as comfortable as the J34.

IMO, if you are going in further than 1-2 mile in rugged country you would be better to go with the J34, anything closer and the X2 would be a great choice as long as you have a pack frame back at the truck. The X2 (4.5lbs) weighs approx. 2.5lbs less than the J34. So you gotta love the X2 if you are doing light&fast mule deer day hunts here in idaho! I also love the X2 for its modularity. Add a rifle scabbard during rifle season and hike hands free with ability to pull out rifle, in a matter of seconds, without having to take your pack off. Then during archery season, remove scabbard, attach bow bucket, and hike hands free with ability to quick release your bow off your back in a matter of seconds, again without having to take your pack off. This pack allows you to stay as light as possible during any season you are hunting.
    LINTON OUTDOORS
    Serious Gear for the Serious Sportsman
    www.lintonoutdoors.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstalker View Post
    I just received my badlands 2200 from camofire and what a dissapointment. It didn't fit me as well. torso length and I'd have to put on a couple inches in the waist for it to fit snug. bummer
    Badlands has completely revamped this pack and others for 2013. Do not buy the old model until you have seen the improved version. Wish that I had waited on mine, until this year.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So I have both the 2200 and the X2. Have sent the 2200 back twice for failed zipper complaints in two years. Love the customer service, and this is not a dis to the company because they are great. But for me, it was never that comfortable, and was a little gimmicky to use, with the batwings and all.
    Then I got an X2 and was blown away. The same pack weight seems to weigh half as much. Must be the internal metal frame, but talk about a comfortable, all-day power pack! Plus, I use the scabbard for gun hunts, and the butt bucket for archery. That's such a nice feature to have your hands free. Keep in mind, I'm mostly an all-day hunter, and do not use these packs for going in overnight. My choice would be the X2 if you plan on day hunts. One down side is, the side pocket won't hold a full-size spotting scope, but a 65mm should fit fine.
    Hope this helps.