Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very nice work all around. Were those elk rutting good and talking? Just curious I put in 7 days in CO archery season and had only one bull bugle.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti66 View Post
    Very nice work all around. Were those elk rutting good and talking? Just curious I put in 7 days in CO archery season and had only one bull bugle.
    They were pretty quiet where we were hunting to. There were off and on spurts here and there. A stormfront came in on the 11th though and cooled things down a bit. By the 12th they were cutting loose everywhere. By that weekend though they went quiet again. Still called some bulls in, but they came in silent.
    "For its in these mountains that I long to be, where I can hear God whisper down the creek and through the trees. Just one sunset and I know you'd think the same. Watch your worries fade 'neath a rocky mountain rain."
    Obsession Bows Pro-staff. "Fuel the Obsession"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the input Darktimber. I hunted the 1st-3rd and shot a cow. Went back for the last 5 days helping my brother and dad in the same unit and it was tough hunting, HOT too, around 80 each day. We finally got a bull to let out a squeek the last morning, I bugled a couple more times and he got worked up and started bugling and working towards us. Never saw him but we guessed from his bugles he was about 100yds out when we felt the wind at our backs. We've decided it's time for a new unit, not seeing the elk they are used to seeing in there. Your pics got me excited though, it's a long wait til next year again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hunted / called for 15 days of the CO archery season. Only 5 days of those 15 did I hear bugles, and only one day did I hear a bugle from more than one bull.

This bull in the video was the one I was calling and came in 10 minutes after I had shot one that snuck in behind me.

DIY til I DIE

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice bull Vanish!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice bull vanish. Congrats on getting it done!!
    "For its in these mountains that I long to be, where I can hear God whisper down the creek and through the trees. Just one sunset and I know you'd think the same. Watch your worries fade 'neath a rocky mountain rain."
    Obsession Bows Pro-staff. "Fuel the Obsession"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice bull Vanish, and video to cap it off. Sounds like the elk stayed pretty quiet this year according to my own experience and the hunters I have talked with. It was really hot where I hunted (56). Drew the tag as a 2nd choice so it used no points, I can see why after going there. I really wish the season didn't end so early this year, I didn't feel like the elk had really started rutting there. I only found 2 rubs from this year, but saw a lot of old rubs. Another hunter saw two bulls during season in full velvet. Season needs to run to the end of the month and hunting would be much better in my opinion, but every year they bump the season end date earlier it seems. Thoughts on that?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It definitely felt like it ended a week early to me. The start date doesn't really change though, it always starts on the last weekend in August, which just happened to be as early as possible this year (last day of August was a Friday) and then runs for 30 days. Next year the season will end on September 29th, which will be much better.
    DIY til I DIE

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That does sound much better than what I've heard, with season ending on the 22nd..? I'm going with the 29th! It will be better next year, glad I'm not the only one thinking I should still be up there in search of the wapiti this week

Thanks
    Congratulations
    great job, are all of those kills diy public land or private or wut??