Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD Antelope

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ando_31 View Post
    Nice work. Next time you're in SD stalking on antelope, make sure you are stalking from the south so if you spook them they run my way. If you have enough failed stalks maybe the season will open back up again in ND. I'm having withdrawals.

Good story and pics.
    Why not just drive south? Tag is like $268 and bowhunting is from mid Aug to late Sep, although SD closed already NE is open till mid Dec.

I'm hoping with all the closures in SD and ND if we get another mild winter the herd can rebound heartily. How sick would it be to be able to bow hunt all 3 states for antelope at the same time. That would be a slam not to be topped, 3 bow antelope in 3 states in one season - It can't be done!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats Doe Nob. Looks like you had a blast. Any goat with a bow spot and stalk is a trophy in my book.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    Why not just drive south? Tag is like $268 and bowhunting is from mid Aug to late Sep, although SD closed already NE is open till mid Dec.

I'm hoping with all the closures in SD and ND if we get another mild winter the herd can rebound heartily. How sick would it be to be able to bow hunt all 3 states for antelope at the same time. That would be a slam not to be topped, 3 bow antelope in 3 states in one season - It can't be done!
    You're right. I need to try some prairie goat hunting out of state. Unfortunately I don't think the antelope herd will ever rebound in ND. My father grew up in good ND antelope country and said they have been slowly declining since he was young. The season has been closed here for quite some time. I think when it closed I had 7 preference points for a rifle tag (grrrrrrr). Thats okay though, I haven't seen a 14+ inch antelope out there for over 20 years.