Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Applegate Muzzleloader

I've been drawn for the Applegate Muzzleloader hunt and need to educate myself on the weapon requirements. Being new to muzzleloading, I need to do it rather quickly. OR has some specific weapon requirements. I have a buddy with a Knight MK 95. Does anyone know if this muzzleloader fit the state requirements? I believe it's open sites, open ignition (not sure what that means), lead bullet or ball and no centerfire primer (not sure what that is either). Below are the regs from their website...
    Any advice or recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Muzzleloader

Scopes (permanent and detachable), and sights that use batteries, artificial light or energy are not allowed during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only, except for visually impaired hunters who have a visual acuity of ≤ 20/200 with lenses or visual field of ≤ 20 degrees (a permit is required; please see page 86). Open and peep sights made from alloys, plastic, or other materials that do not have the properties described above are legal sights. Fiber optics and fluorescent paint incorporated into or on open or iron sights are legal.

It is illegal to hunt with on-lead bullets, jacketed bullets, sabots, and bullets with plastic or synthetic bases during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only. Conical lead or lead alloy bullets with a length that does not exceed twice the diameter and lead or lead alloy round balls used with cloth, paper, or felt patches are allowed.

It is illegal to hunt with centerfire primers as an ignition source during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.

It is illegal to hunt with pelletized powders or propellants during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only. Granular (loose) black powder and black powder substitutes are the only legal propellants during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.

No other firearm may be used for hunting during a muzzleloader-only season (See definition page 10 or regulations book).

Muzzleloading firearms with revolving actions are prohibited during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I would post in the Guns, muzzleloader section. You will get the education you are looking for. Good luck on your hunt, pray for rain!