Thanks

Eberlestock X2 long torso?

Hey all, new to the forum but there's some great info here and I thought this would be a great place to get this question answered.
    My wife wants to get me a nice new hunting pack (mine is hammered!) for Christmas this year and she's a super planner so she has me shopping now to give her an idea. The X2 seems like it's right down my alley and I like that I can pack quarters if I needed to with it, or atleast make the trip back to the truck count to get the frame pack. So I have two questions:
    1. I have a super long torso. I'm 6'1" and I bounce between a 30 and 32 inch inseam. How do they work for longer torsos??
    2. If I had to use this as a pack to get all four quarters out, would it hold up and manage ok?

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks
    They dont. Im 5'11 but my torso is 21. The pack its self is awesome. Way bigger than 1800-2000cc for sure. I bought one for day pack in mind. It can handle whatever you want to strap onto it however the load lifters are 2 inch below my shoulders and the waist belt is a little thin and not really comfortable under heavy loads. But is all about how much discomfort you are willing to deal with. It will definately handle quarters, would it be my choice, no. To me it is probably best day-15-30 max, unless you are short. Look at Badlands 2200 depending on torso measurement. Would probably work out better for your size.

Thanks

I'm 6'4" almost 6'5" and the X2 pack is awesome. I'm more then happy with it. And yes you can get all quarters with this pack.

Thanks
    The x2 is a great pack except for one important thing. it does not fit a long torso. I am 5'9 and wouldnt say i have a long torso. It is impossible to really get the weight off my shoulders. Adjust ment is limited. It spoils what would otherwise be a nearly perfect day pack. I wish they would modify it i'd buy another one in a minute.

Thanks
    To reply to your questions
    1) it's not really made for long torso's I have the x2 but I'm 5'7" and it fits me well but that's not the point here
    2) it might fit 4 quarters of deer but not elk the load lifters don't do justice. The pack is made for loads 40lbs or less but I mean its a good day pack.

If your looking for a pack that can do it all function as a day pack but also can haul exceptional loads I would check out kifaru packs

Thanks
    I'm 6' and never thought I had a long torso, but maybe I do. I bought an Eberestock and I couldn't get the weight off my shoulders. Felt fine with light weight, but put 30 or 40 pounds in there and it wasn't comfortable. I adjusted it as long as it would go, but still too much weight on my shoulders and not enough on my hips. I took it back (loved the design though). I never tried Kifaru like others recommended, but did find the Badlands 2200 to be great. Very comfortable, fits great and will haul a quarter out no problem. The design is a little odd and might get annoying at times due to the wings, but that's because it's designed to haul a quarter. I can wear mine for days on end while hunting. Usually my legs give out before the pack becomes an issue.

Thanks
    Don't really know how they determine the measurement they use, but here is something to think about. In fighter aircraft the height measurement that is critical is the buttock to head, not really overall height. You would be surprised how much this measurement differs in people that are exactly the same overall height. Pays to try on what you want to buy!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    1. I have a super long torso. I'm 6'1" and I bounce between a 30 and 32 inch inseam. How do they work for longer torsos??
    2. If I had to use this as a pack to get all four quarters out, would it hold up and manage ok?
    The X2 is a non-adjustable one size fits all style day pack. Its designed as a super tough, lightweight day pack, that has the ability to carry heavy loads. If you look whats on the market, there are not a lot of day packs under 4.5lbs that can carry heavy loads comfortably or have the durability to carry the heavy loads, under $200. The X2 is a beast with what it can carry. It wont be super comfortable with a quarter on the back of it, but it can hold up and manage it just fine.

The badlands 2200 is a great pack as well. I have seen a guy pack a whole de-boned mule deer out with it. They fit a taller torso better than the X2 would. The only downsides are you have to have at least a 32"+ waist or it wont snug enough for heavy loads and the back panel doesn't breath very well. Also, if you are into watching your load weight, this pack weights 6.5lbs, some might say a little heavy for a day pack.
    LINTON OUTDOORS
    Serious Gear for the Serious Sportsman
    www.lintonoutdoors.com

Thanks
    I have the Eberlestock Blue Widow and it works and fits great. It will handle quarters as it expands out to a full size pack. I have a "very" long torso, I tried to fit according to their directions for my Cabela's Alaskan Outfitter pack and there wasn't enough room to make the pack that long. 3" too short. I'm 6'3" and large framed. Have a Badlands 2200 and it doesn't fit me well. I love the Blue Widow, and I like the fact that I can haul my gear in to camp, dump off the camp stuff, compress it down, and then have a day pack which can haul a lot out if needed. A little heavy for a day pack, but everything else is great.