Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    Never felt the need to carry while bowhunting. If I lose a battle to some critter out there and get eaten,,,,, well thats just nature. If I have to fend off some maniac person with my bow, then it will make for one hell of a story.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really wish I could here. I hunt in areas with black bear and grizzly bear densities that are the same as, or in some places, higher than coastal Alaska. Last year I saw 8 cougars while bowhunting. One morning while deer hunting I watched 8 grizzlies roam the bowl I had slept in the night before. But I'm not allowed to back a sidearm. So I pack the spray. I'm not dead yet.
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have never carried one, nor will I carry one unless I ever hunt in Grizzly country. I am always looking to shed weight and my Beretta 9mm weighs too much to take along.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ever since I had an encounter with a very angry wild boar, I've made sure I was wearing my 44 on my hip. Doesn't matter if it's backcountry or a local hotspot, I want to be prepared.
    NRA Life Member, Antelope Addict

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's now legal to carry in Washington, if you have a concealed carry permit, but I always had one in camp. Never carried it in the woods, but really brought it to put down one of my horses, if needed. I don't think I could cut their throat or even use an arrow. The gun just makes sense.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinHood View Post
    Not true... to a certain extent. Pick up your CCW permit and you can carry on any hunt any time.
    My bad... didnt see the posts on page two before posting, but bigpapacow and RUTTIN are spot on.

Also, any state can tell you its illegal to carry a handgun on a bowhunt as long as it is written in the proclamation. When you apply for a big game tag, you agree to the rules of the proclamation, in not carrying a firearm on a bowhunt. If you dont think so, call the game warden in the state you are hunting and ask.
    RobinHood,

Do you carry on NV hunts with a CCW? This has always been an issue for me because from my understanding you can't in NV no matter what and a can of bear spray doesn't give me as much comfort as my 40 would. I was thinking of calling NDOW to get clarification but if you know what they would tell me I would appreciate some insight. Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I never leave home with out it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    BigSirArcher Are you serious? You know there are no do overs when that cat or bear eats you. Not the part of nature I want to see! AKinID no disrespect but just because you've done something a hundred times and got away with it, doesn't mean it won't ever happen. It only takes one time! Game over! These are animals they don't always act the way they should we all know that. Carry the bear spray and the gun!
    Last edited by westernwannabe; 05-31-2011 at 08:51 PM.