Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I am shooting FMJ 300's at 29" with a 100G tip. So far results are amazing. Just got my insanity sighted in today to 70 still have to finish from 80 out. I should be able to make it to about 140 with the slider portion I am hoping. I shot it over chrono and it is at 303 fps witch is putting 102 Lbs of KE should have my penetration issues taken care of.

Thanks
    I'll be watching this post! I've used FMJs since they came out due to they are usually heavier than most standard 100% carbon arrows. Since I have a short draw of 26.5 and only shoot 65lbs which is more than enough to harvest any North American animal. I like the extra punch with a heavier arrow personally and the FMJ gives me both plenty of speed and momentum to get the job done.

I have no problem blowing through elk with my set-up.

Thanks
    I have used 380 grain Gold Tips for years and have passed through just about everything I've shot. I did shoot some Velocity 300's a few years ago at about 410 grains and they worked just fine. I played around with the Kinetics last year and might give them a try again this offseason.

Thanks
    OK, my set up this year is going to be the PSE DNA at 65# 29" draw with FMJ 340's weighing 455 gr at 295 fps with 88 FT LB of Kenetic Energy. Bareshafts and fletched arrows are flying on the money and will keep you posted on performance down range.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    OK, my set up this year is going to be the PSE DNA at 65# 29" draw with FMJ 340's weighing 455 gr at 295 fps with 88 FT LB of Kenetic Energy. Bareshafts and fletched arrows are flying on the money and will keep you posted on performance down range.
    It was fairly windy but the 455 gr FMJ 340's definitely buck the wind good at 80 yards. I held about 8-10" to the right to compensate. These are flying very well with this setup. I know there has been tons of talk about a higher FOC performing better but honestly I just don't see it. The right dynamic spine and tune are more determining factors than a high FOC IMO. I have shot probably 6 different arrows and 4 different brands through my DNA with FOC ranging from 9.75-16% and will be staying with these FMJ's at just under 10%.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DNA at 80 yards.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	5116

Thanks
    I am a little anal when it comes to tuning and the FMJ's reacted just a touch weak for my liking when bareshaft tuning so I have changed arrows. I ended up with Easton Injexion 330's and they are tuning on the money with bareshafts. They are going to be lighter than what I originally had planned for in the FMJ's but will offer better overall performance for my particular specs and set up.

Specs are 66# 29.25" measured draw, shooting Easton Injexion 330's @ 422 gr @ 310 fps with FOC at 11%.

Thanks
    Yes, a 30 caliber bullet from a firearm weighing that much should just about bust through the engine of a car or light to medium duty truck and do damage enough to disable it, or if hit in a thick place or at an angle it might bounce off, for the best results use non lead alloy bullets.

Thanks
    I am back to my original plan and shooting the FMJ's this year. They put up some really good long range groups with the DNA. Now, weather permitting, I will be testing them this weekend down range with the Spyder 30.

Just finding them to be tougher than the Injexions due to the smaller diameter shank vs the standard sized.