Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    Not shooting animals in the azz might be a good idea too.
    Agreed, but sometimes you have to accept what is offered.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nothing wrong with passing up a shot. I do it 10 times more than I do taking a shot.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    Nothing wrong with passing up a shot. I do it 10 times more than I do taking a shot.
    One of the biggest buck I have ever seen only presented only an azz shot as after I jumped him out of his bed. I passed on the shot as I would have ruined a lot of premium eating. He was 30"+ and I am sure would have scored close to 200. He lived to pass on his genes as I just couldn't do it!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    In defense of Texans..... I've lived and hunted in Texas all of my life. I never heard of the "Texas heart shot" until the internet allowed me to interact with folks from faraway lands. Everybody I know passes when a butt is all they have to shoot at. Seems like it should be named "Yankee heart shot" or "California heart shot" or something more descriptive of the locale of its use and origin.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    good call on that one . Im my younger days i thought my bullets and arrows were deadly no matter were they entered the body at, needless to say i lost several animals, now days i only take good vital shots and havent lost a animal in over 3 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    One of the biggest buck I have ever seen only presented only an azz shot as after I jumped him out of his bed. I passed on the shot as I would have ruined a lot of premium eating. He was 30"+ and I am sure would have scored close to 200. He lived to pass on his genes as I just couldn't do it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well another Mule Deer fell to Noslers BT. I have nothing but good things to say about them Quality bullet just use them at the recommend velocity on there web site. I'm pushing a 264 Win Mag 120 gr.BT at 3225 FPS like I said before one shot one Deer again this fall shot between 200 & 250 just a point and shoot no rangeing. I had complete passthrough on a quarting away shot about 22 inches plus penetration and still going.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 1100 Remington Man View Post
    Well another Mule Deer fell to Noslers BT. I have nothing but good things to say about them Quality bullet just use them at the recommend velocity on there web site. I'm pushing a 264 Win Mag 120 gr.BT at 3225 FPS like I said before one shot one Deer again this fall shot between 200 & 250 just a point and shoot no rangeing. I had complete passthrough on a quarting away shot about 22 inches plus penetration and still going.
    I think I may need to check into new bullets instead of the over the counter Hornady IB. Your brother told me you liked Nosler, 1100 Remington Man. Wish I could have hunted with you all this past season. I had a good time last year hunting with you all. Sounds like you all had a good time this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations

colorado cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    The buck antelope I shot was a one shot kill at 371 yds in the 25-06 and one of the does was 295 with the .25 Wby, one shot too. The MV in the 25-06 with the 100 gr is 3200 and the 115 in the Wby is 3350. At the long ranges I shot the animals at, I really didn't expect the BT to explode like it did. I have used Sierras fo 50 years and they are great bullets, use them for everything except in my .300 Wby where I use 180 gr Nosler Partitions for elk & larger animals.
    i have used the bt in light 22 cal as well as heavier 30 cal i think the the 30 cal were acubond
    the 22 cal like you said make a mess out of everything in its path
    the 30 cal acubonds worked awsome in deer and elk while i have only shot out to the 100 -125 range with them
    i think when they are super sonic speeds they tend to expand way to much for hunting pourpous
    i guess my point is i like them in either situation exploding varmits or pile driving elk
    hope to run into you out in the feild some time and we can swap stories
    mike