Thanks

Hornady Superformance

I'd like to know what others have experienced with these. I used the 7MM 139gr SST 2 years ago and they were super accurate (1.5" group at 300 yards). I eneded up taking a mule deer at 200 yards (dropped in his tracks, minimal damage) and an antelope at 460yards. The antelope I hit a little high and it put a hole the size of my fist through the spine and upper chest.

Is excessive damage the norm with these bullets or was the huge hole from hitting the spine? Any rounds I should try?

I was looking at giving the Barnes Vor-tx in 140gr a try.

Thanks
    I loaded some 130 grain SST's in my nieces 270 Win this year. I'll let you know how they do if she is successful. My buddy used his backup rifle (280 Rem) to take a doe Antelope at about 200 yards. He loaded 140 grain Barnes TTSX bullets going about 3,050 fps. The loper was quartering towards him. The bullet hit the doe on the right shoulder, and exited the other side slightly in front of the left flank. The entrance hole was the size of a tennis ball which destroyed the shoulder, the exit hole was about the size of a silver dollar. The doe ran ten yards and piled up.

Thanks
    DaveZ if that is the performance you are getting stick with it. I have the same thing happen with the .264 Win Mag what you have described is what you want to happen as for accuracy with factory ammo I would bet you won't better it.

Thanks
    I am happy with the accuracy, just thinking about the bullet expansion. Don't want destroy a portion of the animal if I don't have too.

Thanks
    I started using them in my 22-250 for coyotes and am very happy with them!

Thanks
    I use them on everything, same problem as you though with my antelope a few years back hit him a little high in the spine and put a hole in him the size of a softball or bigger. My son just used a 7x57 with the sst (139 gr.)to knock down his most recent buck, Did a great job but we lost a little shoulder meat. We also used them on my sons Bull elk, my bull and several other antelope and deer with great results. I use them in a 7mm-08 and they perform awesome, havent found a reason to change things up.
    PSE X Force Axe
    Sword Sight
    Ripcord Rest
    Easton FMJ

Weatherby 257 Magnum
    Remington .204
    Ruger 7x57

Thanks
    I watched two elk drop in their tracks this weekend with the sst in 300 win mag. Pretty effective if you ask me.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy