Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't stand it when when guys name their deer. What are they pets? Although when you have 20 trail cameras set up and you know exactly where every buck eats, sleeps and goes for its morning dump, I guess in a way they are basically just a pet.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NDHunter View Post
    I can't stand it when when guys name their deer. What are they pets? Although when you have 20 trail cameras set up and you know exactly where every buck eats, sleeps and goes for its morning dump, I guess in a way they are basically just a pet.
    There's an elk on my buddies land that I call gay elk, he flat out will not respond to a cow call ever. He'll come into a bugle though and he only hangs out with other bulls

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kcaves For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It drives me nuts when a guy hits a critter while bow hunting and screams....Yea Baby...then turns to his camera man with his fist closed and says...give me some baby.....man I hate that. I also hate it when your watching a hunting show and the guy says ...Don't go anywhere, we'll be right back.... Just when you wanted to get up and get a beer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brooks View Post
    It drives me nuts when a guy hits a critter while bow hunting and screams....Yea Baby...then turns to his camera man with his fist closed and says...give me some baby.....man I hate that. I also hate it when your watching a hunting show and the guy says ...Don't go anywhere, we'll be right back.... Just when you wanted to get up and get a beer.
    Omg yes!! Happens to me all the time too.. Sometimes I go whole episodes without being able to get up. So annoying.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    What about Lee & Tiffany when say we "crushed him". That is about the dumbest one out there! Thats why I like the Eastman's true hunters up-holding the DIY hunters. I would like to see these so called pros come down to my neck-of-the woods & test their skills!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    When "professionals" on tv use double negatives and say stuff like "ain't no way" or "thunder chicken". I feel like anything Ted Nugent or Michael Waddell's crew says gets pretty annoying, they are just being goofy trying to make someone laugh, begging for attention. Yeah it might be funny the first time, but that's it. Ha, good thread! This is why Eastman's and Jim Shockey are the best on TV!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    OH, I thought of another one.. The Drury guys, can't stand all their reality bull corn where they try to create as much drama as possible, like a bunch of women! haha

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I really dislike it when people use the word DUDE all the time. An animal is not ever a management animal. Each one is special and important. Just ask my son Jeff who shot a cow elk as his first elk if she was just a management animal. They are all very beautiful to watch and to hunt, and I really like eating them. Maybe it's not clean enough for television, but to make a show more complete, I would like to see them tastefully show how we split the carcass and quarter an animal for packing, and the darn had work that goes into getting these things out of the woods sometimes. A few years ago my buddy and I snuck in on some elk bedded down at first light. We both had cow tags. He shot first and I shot right after he did. Both of our elk died in their beds without moving from the spot. We then started the work on these "management cows" to get them ready to pack out and spent the next many hours hiking and packing and then doing it some more. We got the last quarters in the truck at about midnight that night after the first shot had been fired at about 0720 that morning. That makes a hunt as much as anything.
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I guided a TV show hunt for a show that is no longer on the air. What I found anoying was how the footage gets edited. During the hunt they filmed all of our discussions and the host kept repeating everything I was saying. When the show was aired it was edited to make it sound like everything we were doing was the hosts idea! I though he was just slow!

I though it would be cool when the outfitter told me who he booked but it was a royal PITA. The camera guys are the unsung heros of that business. I hiked those guys 10-12 miles a day at 10,000' and the camera crap weighed more than my pack.

From the guides perspective I think most of the shows have given hunters a false sense that every bull that hits the ground comes running to a bugle and scores 350. But no one would watch a show where people take there guns and bows for a hike, and they sure couldn't sell commercial time for all the gadets required to be successful now. Fred Bear killed dang near every animal that walks with a red flannel shirt on. And the first outfitter I worked for smoked 3 packs a day. When I asked him if he was afraid the elk would smell the smoke he said, "All ya gotta do is walk away from it, and you'll know you got the wind in your face boy." Not exactly healthy logic, or logic that sells scent lock, but its sound logic!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 69 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mm Remington View Post
    I really dislike it when people use the word DUDE all the time. An animal is not ever a management animal. Each one is special and important. Just ask my son Jeff who shot a cow elk as his first elk if she was just a management animal. They are all very beautiful to watch and to hunt, and I really like eating them. Maybe it's not clean enough for television, but to make a show more complete, I would like to see them tastefully show how we split the carcass and quarter an animal for packing, and the darn had work that goes into getting these things out of the woods sometimes. A few years ago my buddy and I snuck in on some elk bedded down at first light. We both had cow tags. He shot first and I shot right after he did. Both of our elk died in their beds without moving from the spot. We then started the work on these "management cows" to get them ready to pack out and spent the next many hours hiking and packing and then doing it some more. We got the last quarters in the truck at about midnight that night after the first shot had been fired at about 0720 that morning. That makes a hunt as much as anything.
    I know that if any serious DIY hunter was given the opportunity to hunt in the places that these TV shows are filmed, any one of us would probably come away with a nice animal. That's just it though, very few hunts on TV are on public land, and many of these shows spend more on hunts in one year than an average American makes in one year. If I had ten of thousands of dollars to spend to hire some prime outfitters for all my hunts, my walls would have to be expanded to host all the trophies. But hey, I am not hating on any of these people that make a living filming hunts for TV, because I am sure that it has its pros and cons just like everything else. That's one reason I am a die hard Eastmans' fan, because so much of their material is done on public land, DIY, and their magazine is comprimised of real American hunters that get the job done.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy