Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Springfield EMP

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma Panhandle
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Springfield EMP

    I had my EMP at a friends house and someone knocked a scentsy pot over onto it. Most of the pistol is covered in hard wax now. Is there a cleaner that will take the wax off? I also considered taking the grips off and putting it in the oven on a low temp to try to melt it off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    659
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 76 Times in 60 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just use a good gun cleaning solvent.
    I hunt because......
    Check out my shops website!!! www.blackvelvetcustoms.com

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North of 60!
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Or put it in the oven at 175 F for 20 minuites.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What were you doing with an EMP and a Scentsy Pot? We need some more info on this one........

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma Panhandle
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Key word-at a friends house. the scentsy pot was not mine. I was a little worried about putting that in the post. I tried some solvent i had at the house and it wouldn't touch it.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would try to heat it. On a hot day in the sun that metal is going to be way over 100 degrees. Maybe try a hair dryer? Than the oven?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma Panhandle
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will try to find a hair dryer to use. I never thought of that.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have three girls running around my house, I am the only dude. A hairdryer is always easily to be had! Let us know if it works. If not, I would use the oven.

    Quote Originally Posted by smalls13 View Post
    I will try to find a hair dryer to use. I never thought of that.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma Panhandle
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The hair dryer got most of it off. I was able to get the rest off with solvent. Thanks

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Glad to hear it worked, now stay away from those Sentsy Party's. They are wayyy too wild!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •