Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I get more itch from polypro Underarmour than I do from wool.
    As do I. I stay away from all UA baselayers now. I like merino in cooler temps. I don't wear any of that stuff in warmer temps however. It all gets me too hot.

I do have 1 piece of that med weight Capilene stuff from Patagonia. I haven't used it enough to know how it compares to my med weight merino tops. But the little I have used it, I like it. It's far more comfortable than any UA stuff I've used.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I use minus33 merino wool base layer and its just great. I use the lightweight tee year round and move up the the mid weight when it gets cold. It clearly has the best hand feel and the price is competitive.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hunt Colorado a couple years ago and used some polypro. Holly crap did I stink. None of that oh you smell a little bad but that full blown smells like something died smell after two days of hiking.
    I now have some Kuiu 185 top and bottom and have never been able to smell anything. I use the 185 top during the summer as my only shirt and it is amazing. You don't over heat even in 100 degree weather. Kuiu just came out with a new Merino 230 with a brushed fleece on the inside. Soon to be my new favorite cold weather shirt.
    Hard to go wrong with any of the Kuiu clothing. I was on the first shipment list and have worn it for a couple years. No holes rips or anything and I've been in horrible brush.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well that’s the end of my hunting season (Unless I get invited to go rabbit hunting) I want to follow up on the Wool base layer discussion. There are several good brands out there but wool is the way to go. Don’t even think of buying a blend as you’ll get all the bad effects of synthetic and less of the good effects of the wool.
    I have used Minus33 for years and they just came out with a boot high bottom. This is a short bottom that only comes down to the top of your boot. (its designed for the skiing folks This new boot high bottom with a tall sock was a great advantage when wearing my high winter boots. By the way I see minus33 has a full Mossy Oak camo line I will have to get some for next year.
    I hunt from early fall to end of December in Northern New England and 100% wool is the only way to go. If you don’t believe me or the other guys on the forum just try a set and see for your self

Thanks
    Congratulations
    +1 for me on 100% good Merino Wool for the reasons mentioned above. Low stink on multiple day hunts, helps stay warm in cool weather and cool in warm weather, comfortable less clammy feel than synthetics I've had, exceptionally high warmth-to-weight ratio to name a few....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Merino wool and nothing but. Used it all season and only washed once. Little to no odor at all. Dries quick and does great for a base layer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ^^^^^^^^^^ as stated above, I would go merino over synthetic any day. Look into the Core4Element stuff. Its priced very well and I've been real happy with it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Wool, your hunting partners will appreciate it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    if you sweat when you hunt, then you want merino wool boxers or bottoms. The odor control with Merino wool is no joke. I'm a sweaty hard hunting/hiking fool and I can stink up a pair of poly synthetics as fast as anyone. I hate having to change shirts after every day, and in the backcountry packing 2 extra shirts and boxers is unnecessary weight. First Lite merino wool is awesome! I can wear one shirt and one boxer for a 3 day hunt without changing. Though I usually bring a second pair of boxers for drying, cause I am usually still a little damp from hunting hard until last light when i crawl into my sleeping bag. The First Lite Llano is a great hunting shirt and the First Lite Red Dessert Boxer is great as well. I have used an abused both for the last 3 years. Also there is absolutely no itch to the fine merino wool. Its a thin material that breaths and drys quickly.
    LINTON OUTDOORS
    Serious Gear for the Serious Sportsman
    www.lintonoutdoors.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wool for sure