Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Twp1224 - I might be crazy, but I figured I would try to do the "lower" mt. trip and its @ around 10,000. The "easy" one you mentioned seemed too close to the general public areas, but I may have to go for that one to get started with instead of a long (mileage) backpack hunt. I'll just pack in a couple miles and set up camp and hunt from there. Mentally, that would be more "attainable" for my first backpack hunt. So, whatta ya think?
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Thanks
    I sent you PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BADbuckfever View Post
    Twp1224 - I might be crazy, but I figured I would try to do the "lower" mt. trip and its @ around 10,000. The "easy" one you mentioned seemed too close to the general public areas, but I may have to go for that one to get started with instead of a long (mileage) backpack hunt. I'll just pack in a couple miles and set up camp and hunt from there. Mentally, that would be more "attainable" for my first backpack hunt. So, whatta ya think?

Thanks
    Change up, doing P90X/insanity mix. Routine is on Beachbody.com

Thanks
    I am running a 50 miler in about two weeks. I also lift a little here and there. Shoot 2-3 times a week, and as weather warms up I will shoot more. Waiting for the snow to take a hike, so I can take a hike with my pack, dog, and my little guy (5 years old now). If I was smart I would ease up on my running mileage, and do more crossfit/P90x. My damn knee's are KILLING me.
    Last edited by Firearrow; 03-25-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks
    I'm new to Western Hunting (this fall will be my first hunt), but consider Adventure Races. Check out this website to locate some races - http://www.trifind.com/gs_adventure/AdventureRaces.html. It's not a complete list but it's a start. Typically they are 6-24 hour races. They'll typically consist of trail running, mountain biking, and kayaking/canoeing (usually provided by race director). All the while the competitors determine their own course utilizing a compass and a map. It keeps the training interesting and will help you keep focus and a competitive edge. They will not help with power or strength though.

I'll be training for and doing a few of these this summer, plus Insanity workouts when I only have an hour available. Plus, based on what I'm reading in these forums, I'll be adding weight training to my routines. Does cruising through Eastmans Forum count as daily exercise?

Thanks
    How's everyone progressing? So far, I've managed to dump about 10-12 pounds. A few more to go and I will start picking up the exercise. As the weather gets better, I hope to hit the Hills in Rocky Mountain National Park and chase some high country trout. Good luck everyone.

Thanks
    Great Job Rpeeblles!Well I was doing good until I got hurt at work last week now I'm waiting for State Fund to get the paperwork done so I can get an MRI on my Knee.The Doc's 95% thinking that I've torn something in my knee and 75% on it will take surgery to fix it.So I'll miss my first black bear hunt this year but I'm hoping to be up and running for elk this fall.
    I've lost 15 pounds so far!Hpoe everyone else is having great success as well!
    Can you handle the challenge.... hunt hard but safe!!

Thanks
    I've dropped 4 so far this year though I think that might not show my whole fitness picture. I've almost doubled the weights on all my arm, back, and leg exercises in the last few months. That muscle has to weight something.

Great to see everyone getting pumped up for this year. Thought I would share one of my favorite quotes to keep you inspired:

"If all this was easy, it wouldn't matter how it ends" --Dan Mangan
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks
    I'm training for and racing half marathons including the Turkey Track Trail Half near Pagosa Springs in June. Also some strength work a couple times per week, though I admit if it comes down to missing my run or missing the strength stuff, it's the latter that gets ditched.
    NRA Life Member, Antelope Addict

Thanks
    Started at 238lbs. Jan. 31 as of April 2 I have lost just over 22lbs headin for 200