Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98

Thread: Orange

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Buena Vista, Co.
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bow hunters can hunt rifle seasons too. See how that works?

    How about two weeks for ML, and two weeks for bow hunters. Unless you want to take those Dec hunts?

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North of 60!
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    The stats you'll never see is how many who might have got shot if they weren't wearing orange. We just don't know that.

    Seriously, what's the big deal in wearing orange? I wear a hat anyway. What difference does it make if it's orange, or something else. I can't see it when i'm wearing it. The same with the vest. To me it gives me a couple of extra pockets. Not a big deal to wear. I don't get some of you guys?
    I am guessing that Orange helped you get to be an old hunter?

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Gunbarrel, CO
    Posts
    93
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think someone missed my point. I grew up hunting in NY, no orange required and one of the lowest injury states out there. I wear orange now because it is required by the state, not because I love hunter orange.

    If you reread my post, I point out the stupid part of having to wear orange ... that anyone out there not hunting can dress up like a deer and be perfectly legal.
    DIY til I DIE

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Buena Vista, Co.
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
    I think someone missed my point. I grew up hunting in NY, no orange required and one of the lowest injury states out there. I wear orange now because it is required by the state, not because I love hunter orange.

    If you reread my post, I point out the stupid part of having to wear orange ... that anyone out there not hunting can dress up like a deer and be perfectly legal.
    How do you make laws for everybody out there? Put a sign on every tree?

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jackson, CA
    Posts
    1,410
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 100 Times in 96 Posts
    Congratulations
    5
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    How do you make laws for everybody out there? Put a sign on every tree?
    It seems to me that the Forest Service has plenty of other laws. (camp fires, bear boxes, no ohv's, etc.) It stands to reason that they could add one more to make hikers and backpackers wear orange during the fall if they wanted to.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Buena Vista, Co.
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't see any of those signs where I hunt, but I don't hunt near camping areas and public hiking trails. Every now and then I see a sign saying i'm entering NFS land. That's about it.

    Smart hikers won't be out there during hunting seasons. Stupid hikers would ignore the signs.

    Just saying.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jackson, CA
    Posts
    1,410
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 100 Times in 96 Posts
    Congratulations
    5
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just saying a law is a law. Some people follow them and some don't. I just happen to be one that does. I could care less about who wears orange and who chooses not to. I am one of the guys like you that wears it regardless if it is required or not. To each their own. Smart hikers?

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    blackfoot,idaho
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 115 Times in 100 Posts
    Congratulations
    11
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    just curious, im gonna do a little research online and see if accidental shootings involved people that were actualy wearing orange. im guessing prob. people hear movement in the brush and shoot. we have all noticed movement on the mountain before and raised our rifle to check through the scope, we all have. you shouldnt have a bullet chambered anyway. and nobody can mestake a human for any wild animal. the one thing i like about guys in orange is they are easy to pick out off a mountain and i know not to go that way.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Buena Vista, Co.
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    just curious, im gonna do a little research online and see if accidental shootings involved people that were actualy wearing orange. im guessing prob. people hear movement in the brush and shoot. we have all noticed movement on the mountain before and raised our rifle to check through the scope, we all have. you shouldnt have a bullet chambered anyway. and nobody can mestake a human for any wild animal. the one thing i like about guys in orange is they are easy to pick out off a mountain and i know not to go that way.
    That's one of the perks of not using a scope. I don't need to raise the gun to see better.

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    960
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 121 Times in 97 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    That's one of the perks of not using a scope. I don't need to raise the gun to see better.
    It's also one of the perks of owning a pair of binoculars.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ground Blind Orange During Rifle Season
    By cycloneshooter in forum Wyoming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 04:25 PM
  2. Blaze orange camo
    By Muleys 24/7 in forum Utah
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 05:52 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 10:53 PM
  4. Blaze Orange Backcountry Vest Recommendations...
    By NorthCountry in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 08:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •