Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    the one thing i like about guys in orange is they are easy to pick out off a mountain and i know not to go that way.
    That's the only thing I like about orange.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    As I'm sure many of you know, I am not a big fan of orange. I believe that as humans can see orange real well in the open terrain, so can animals. I try to limit the amount of orange that I have to wear to be legal. I know if I wore orange head to toe I would probably stand a better chance of not getting shot. This is a risk I accept. I want to hunt and I have to wear a certain amount of orange to hunt in Colorado, no problem, I will wear it, but I am not going out of my way to dress up head to toe in orange. I also believe that muzzleloaders should get a longer season but am willing to accept what the season is now as long as archers don't get any of their seasons extended. There is talk about giving them 1 more week and letting the muzzleloaders have their week all to themselves. I hope that doesn't happen.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    As I'm sure many of you know, I am not a big fan of orange. I believe that as humans can see orange real well in the open terrain, so can animals. I try to limit the amount of orange that I have to wear to be legal. I know if I wore orange head to toe I would probably stand a better chance of not getting shot. This is a risk I accept. I want to hunt and I have to wear a certain amount of orange to hunt in Colorado, no problem, I will wear it, but I am not going out of my way to dress up head to toe in orange. I also believe that muzzleloaders should get a longer season but am willing to accept what the season is now as long as archers don't get any of their seasons extended. There is talk about giving them 1 more week and letting the muzzleloaders have their week all to themselves. I hope that doesn't happen.
    BKC,I'm with you, not a fan either. But I know deer can't see it. I was in UT this last week and there was several does heading my direction feeding and looking up all the time. There was times I thought they seen me but the kept coming my way until they winded me at 30 yards.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    To me orange is something else to buy, pack, and snag on trees limbs (my cheap vest). I do wear it when required, and only the min. coverage, otherwise Im all camo. I think it may have something to do with the wardens being able to watch you more easily also. The only time I feel like I could be a target is if Im packing out a head with horns on my back, then I'd put some orange on the rack.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    Bow hunters can hunt rifle seasons too. See how that works?

How about two weeks for ML, and two weeks for bow hunters. Unless you want to take those Dec hunts?
    Sure bowhunters can hunt the rifle seasons with a bow; just have to wear the orange pumpkin suit. The main reason muzzleloaders won't get any longer seasons is the DOW's take on success rates; muzzleloaders are rifles and some of those new in-line ones are capable of some long range shooting....two/three hundred yards. Kinda takes away the primitive part of the equation. I wouldn't care one way or the other if muzzleloaders hunted the entire length of the archery season. I very seldom ever see a muzzleloading hunter other than time at camp. I do wear an orange cap when their out and about though. I also would like to be able to hunt in December to get a crack at those big mulie bucks, wouldn't you? But getting back to the orange thing, no-one that I have ever hunted with has ever been shot at, killed or anything concerning muzzleloaders here in Colorado.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by trkytrack2 View Post
    Sure bowhunters can hunt the rifle seasons with a bow; just have to wear the orange pumpkin suit. The main reason muzzleloaders won't get any longer seasons is the DOW's take on success rates; muzzleloaders are rifles and some of those new in-line ones are capable of some long range shooting....two/three hundred yards. Kinda takes away the primitive part of the equation. I wouldn't care one way or the other if muzzleloaders hunted the entire length of the archery season. I very seldom ever see a muzzleloading hunter other than time at camp. I do wear an orange cap when their out and about though. I also would like to be able to hunt in December to get a crack at those big mulie bucks, wouldn't you? But getting back to the orange thing, no-one that I have ever hunted with has ever been shot at, killed or anything concerning muzzleloaders here in Colorado.
    What i'd love to see is to have a primitive muzzleloader season all by itself. Flintlock, round ball, and black powder. Then I could care less where they let the inline muzzleloaders hunt. I'm sure longbow/recurve hunters feel the same about compound bow hunters. Maybe put the flintlock/longbow-recurve hunters in the same season, and the inline/ compound hunters in another season.

As for Dec hunts? Not for me. Too old to plow through the snow. Been there, done that.
    Last edited by Old Hunter; 10-30-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I heard or read somewhere that Idaho has a primitive season such as that. I agree it would be a good idea. These Chuck Adam types that take 100 plus yard shots with a compound bow aren't my cup of tea. I may be in the minority as a traditional bowhunter, using a longbow, but I get a hell of a lot of satisfaction in doing so.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    good point old hunter another beautifull thing about that lever action 30-30. a special season for traditionl bow and traditional muzzy would be allright by me. that would be pretty neat. but then i guess wed have to go make a special season for sling shots and spears too

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    We have enough seperate seasons. The way things are going, spear season will be before blowgun season, but after tomahawk season. The nice thing about tomahawk season is you can carry 3 tomahawks, but you only get 2 spears during spear season.

Inlines shouldn't even be considered for a blackpowder season, let alone their own season, and I agree compounds are not archery.

At least the crossbow is 800 years old. Can't say that about the compound.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    We have enough seperate seasons. The way things are going, spear season will be before blowgun season, but after tomahawk season. The nice thing about tomahawk season is you can carry 3 tomahawks, but you only get 2 spears during spear season.

Inlines shouldn't even be considered for a blackpowder season, let alone their own season, and I agree compounds are not archery.

At least the crossbow is 800 years old. Can't say that about the compound.
    Bare handed season should be 365 days per year. Nevermind, the MMA guys would get all the good animals !