Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Orange

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You not wearing orange effects me in this way:

1. I can see where you're at, so I am less likely to walk in between you and an animal.

2. I can see where you're at so when I raise my rifle to shoot at an elk and I see your orange jacket behind the elk I stop and don't shoot.

3. I can see where you're at so I don't blow your stalk.

4. I can see where you're at so when I see you lying down on your belly with a broken leg it helps me to notice you might need help.

5. I can see where you're at so when you are archery hunting during rifle season and standing behind your painted carboard "extreme" cutout of an elk I don't kill it, and you.

I CAN SEE WHERE YOUR AT!

You get to come home safe to your family, and I get to not spend my life wishing you would have worn orange.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by WYcoyote View Post
    The difference is how does me not wearing a seat belt or orange affect you.
    I'd feel bad for your family when you get shot for not wearing orange.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    They have 3 weeks for themselves, and one week they have to share. I'd gladly give up 1 week to have 3 weeks for muzzleloader season.
    If you want to hunt for a month, learn to shoot animals with a stick and string with the rest of us.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by anglinarcher View Post
    If you want to hunt for a month, learn to shoot animals with a stick and string with the rest of us.
    I would if my beat up shoulder would let me. I'm already shooting the muzzleloader at bow ranges, so it would be an easy change for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    I would if my beat up shoulder would let me. I'm already shooting the muzzleloader at bow ranges, so it would be an easy change for me.
    Shooting a muzzleloader at bow ranges and shooting a bow at bow ranges are two different worlds!

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    You're right. The guy with the bow will be in a stand. I won't be.

My point was I know how to get close.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    You not wearing orange effects me in this way:

1. I can see where you're at, so I am less likely to walk in between you and an animal.

2. I can see where you're at so when I raise my rifle to shoot at an elk and I see your orange jacket behind the elk I stop and don't shoot.

3. I can see where you're at so I don't blow your stalk.

4. I can see where you're at so when I see you lying down on your belly with a broken leg it helps me to notice you might need help.

5. I can see where you're at so when you are archery hunting during rifle season and standing behind your painted carboard "extreme" cutout of an elk I don't kill it, and you.

I CAN SEE WHERE YOUR AT!

You get to come home safe to your family, and I get to not spend my life wishing you would have worn orange.
    I understand your points except for #5. In Colorado here, if a bowhunter hunts with a bow during any rifle season, they must wear orange, yes, but it would take a totally mindless person to hide behind a elk decoy during any season, especially any rifle or muzzleloading season.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Boy are we miles apart on this orange thing.
    1) There are many more times I do NOT want to be seen by others than times I do. I MAY NOT WANT YOU TO SEE WHERE I"M AT!
    2) Wearing orange is by no means a guarantee of safety, you still need to know you have a safe backstop, the person in orange can be screened by grass, brush, etc.
    3) Not everyone out and about are mandated to wear orange, like nonhunters, guides, ranchers looking for cows, hikers, etc, so you better be alert for people not in a neon suit at all times.
    4) As a believer in freedom and personal responsibility, I would go to the dirt for your right to make up your own mind when and where to wear orange and when not to. If heaven forbid I shot you in an accident, or if by someone else, I would feel just as bad for your family as you would for mine, but I would not blame you for what you were wearing, orange or not, nor would I attempt to mandate how you dress.
    5) If you hide behind a decoy during rifle season, it's possible you are too stupid to live anyway, and it would be a good way to cleanse the gene pool.
    NRA
    RMEF

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WYcoyote For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WYcoyote View Post
    Boy are we miles apart on this orange thing.
    1) There are many more times I do NOT want to be seen by others than times I do. I MAY NOT WANT YOU TO SEE WHERE I"M AT!
    2) Wearing orange is by no means a guarantee of safety, you still need to know you have a safe backstop, the person in orange can be screened by grass, brush, etc.
    3) Not everyone out and about are mandated to wear orange, like nonhunters, guides, ranchers looking for cows, hikers, etc, so you better be alert for people not in a neon suit at all times.
    4) As a believer in freedom and personal responsibility, I would go to the dirt for your right to make up your own mind when and where to wear orange and when not to. If heaven forbid I shot you in an accident, or if by someone else, I would feel just as bad for your family as you would for mine, but I would not blame you for what you were wearing, orange or not, nor would I attempt to mandate how you dress.
    5) If you hide behind a decoy during rifle season, it's possible you are too stupid to live anyway, and it would be a good way to cleanse the gene pool.
    But if we saved the life of just one person wouldn't it be worth it to mandate a new law and make everyone wear orange in the forest 100% of the time ! Hopefully you see the sarcasium in this!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Orange works, it's not rocket science.

If you wear a full length orange coat or orange shirt, you will be seen.

If you wear a tattered scrawny orange hat or beat up orange vest, and somehow make it through the day without getting a ticket, you might not come home.

You can be the guy wearing a coffin, I'll wear orange.

And as far as not wanting to be seen by other hunters, unless you are breaking the law I can't see the intelligence in that.