Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting T.V.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 4 Posts

Hunting T.V.

This has probably been discussed before on this forum; I wonder what your opinions are about the proliferation of all the hunting television programs that are out there.
    Personally, I like some of them, Eastmans, Shockeys, and a few others. However I won't watch any that make hunting a team competition and I'm tired of the "blast a whitetail from a tree stand" shows, especially if the whitetail already has a name!
    I believe many of these shows discredit hunting and hunters and in this day and age, that's not a good idea.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I used to like all the hunting shows when I was young, now I hate most of them. When that Banks fella says in his commercial, "they said it couldn't be done, they said I couldn't grow a booner in Georgia....but I did, again, again, and again", I blow a fuse every time. Growing a deer?!?...Like its a farmers crop... That is not what I want people to think of when the word "hunting" is used. (I've been waiting to vent about that for some times now)

TV hunting isn't even about the hunt anymore (with the exceptions of a few shows). Its all about advertising products and "ranches".

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    thats what makes eastmans classy, " no high fences"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'd rather not complain. Some are good, some not so good. I remember though (not too long ago) when you couldn't find hunting on t.v. You had buy the videos and that was too expensive. Then they came out with a show or two on T.V. and half the time they didn't get an animal at all or, they wouldn't even show a "kill shot". It's all good, just some of it not for me.

We are pretty blessed to have so many options.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    +1 chippy. I support em all. Im glad to see the exposure and even if it becomes really commercialized (like it has) its still giving the general population the oppurtunity to view what we love to do. High fence, desert, above treeline, or african plains its all a rush and we share a common bond of harvesting and eating what we harvest. Heck i was in albertsons the other day looking for some spices and rubs for a venison roast i was going to smoke and low and behold old micheal waddell has an entire line of "bone collector" spices on the shelves. It caught me off guard at first but then i was enthralled at the fact that this man has a following large enough to be endorsed and allowed into grocery stores!! Awesome if you ask me.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes, we may very well look back and find out that this, indeed, could be the glory days of hunting.

I was behind a rig the other day with a gal driving. She had a sticker on the windshield of her car with something about being a women bowhunter. 10 years ago you wouldn't have seen that. I think that these shows might have something to do with it, not all, but something.

Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    +1 chippy. I support em all. Im glad to see the exposure and even if it becomes really commercialized (like it has) its still giving the general population the oppurtunity to view what we love to do. High fence, desert, above treeline, or african plains its all a rush and we share a common bond of harvesting and eating what we harvest. Heck i was in albertsons the other day looking for some spices and rubs for a venison roast i was going to smoke and low and behold old micheal waddell has an entire line of "bone collector" spices on the shelves. It caught me off guard at first but then i was enthralled at the fact that this man has a following large enough to be endorsed and allowed into grocery stores!! Awesome if you ask me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Antis dont have tv time. The more we have the more it drowns them out. Good bad or ugly i leave the tv on the outdoor channel even when im not at home.
    Last edited by hardstalk; 10-06-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 4 Posts
    I agree that showing the good side of what we do is important. I don't agree that showing the bad and ugly side is. First, I wish hunting didn't have bad and ugly sides. We are truly blessed that we're able to enjoy our passion for the outdoors in general and hunting specifically. Not everyone believes we should be able too. When we as hunters conduct ourselves in a manner that doesn't cast us in a good light, we risk arming those who despise us for what we do with a passion to stop us.
    I believe that some, not all, of the hunting shows out there do more to turn the non-hunting public against us. I believe deeply that we need to conduct ourselves in a manner worthy of respect, especially in what is broadcast on T.V. It doesn't stop there, we need to show respect by not trashing out our hunting areas, respecting game regulations and the wildlife we all love.
    Some hunting shows don't. Many demonstrate horrible gun handling/safety and a lack of sensitivity for wildlife.
    Read some of the blogs when hunting is in the news. Non hunters and anti-hunters do watch and pay attention and some truly hate us. Hunting and hunters may suffer if we continue to to display ourselves as a bunch of blood-thirsty slobs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 32 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    High fence, desert, above treeline, or african plains its all a rush and we share a common bond of harvesting and eating what we harvest.
    I disagree 100%. High fence is NOT a rush nor is it even hunting, it's merely killing. This is a real sore spot for me.
    I recognized long ago that if I have a warehouse full of guns, but no public land or public wildlife, I have nothing!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    the high fence thing is and will allways be a hot debate. i personaly havent done it. would i? if i was wealthy and had several of thousands of dollars to spend on that instead of my fam i might considre it. it would be neat to harvest an animal that looks absolutely unrealisticly huge. lots of guys hunt that way and have only hunted that way but until they are on a diy hunt back in the middle of nowhere and harvesting and packing out ur game is a chore they wont understand the beauty in it.huntning is hunting? no way, there is high fence hunting, then there is hunting. as long as we both cheer on the 2nd amendment then amen!