Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is everyone's plan this year.

Going to CO in a new spot I have been looking at for two years for deer, unless I draw the Heneries. Would be great to draw a Mountain Goat, or Sheep tag somewhere, but aren't we all hoping for this as well? And hopefully going to draw a WY Speed Goat tag.

Hope someone is going sheep/goat hunting up north. Need to live vicarious through ya.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 4 Posts
    Unless I pull a Henries archery tag, or my moose tag in Utah, I will be hitting the general archery deer hunt, and general archery elk. I wish I would be hunting Montana this year I have two points for the general elk combo, but can't justify the extra bones it is to draw a tag now so I won't be putting in any more. It sucks because Montana was a fun hunt for us. Will probably buy a point for Wyoming elk. Would love to start hunting Colorado for archery deer. We may just go to Colorado and hunt elk over the counter for something to do.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Breaking in the new crossbow in Alberta this spring, hoping for a nice color phase bear. trip in june to texas to chase Aoudad and Axis, pronghorn and Mule deer hunting in Nebraska. Should be a good year.
    Brian
    Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
    www.blueskieshunting.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I shot a nice bull two years back with a OCT in CO when the bang stick boys were in country. Thank god they don't venture far from the beaten path. Was in MT last year on my buddies mountain goat hunt, and we were in some awsome country. This area should of had a few bulls in every drainage, and whole herd of bucks in every bowl. The only thing we saw were one band on Big Horns, Goats (12,500 ft looking down helps to see these guys), and wolf tracks/scat. You could not pay me to go elk hunting in that country now. Those damn wolves are BAD NEWS!!! Hope, for the sake of MT, WY, ID, the feds pull there heads out of somewhere, and get the wolves under control.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Drew Wyoming elk tag so will do that in Sept. and dependant on the draws in Utah may do elk archery here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    General Archery season for me! Unless I draw a goat or sheep tag!!!!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'll be hunting at home this year, Deer archery begins 2nd week-end of July here in Calif. Works really well for my grandson who lives in Oregon where archery deer opens last week of Aug. So at home its week-ends and what time he has after school. Got a nice mid size blacktail picked out for him. When he and his Dad return home for school, I'll be back on the trail of a P & Y contender cinnomon phase black bear I suprised sneaking into an area with several WU camps, currently filled to capasity. That was the 2nd day of last years opener, July 12th. Bears season opens 2 week-end Aug, Archery bear runs concurrent with regluar centerfire rifle. So I can pack back up, with helps when the bear I suprised was bigger than the mountain bike I was riding. Both longer and taller :EEK!: I spent quite a bit of time creating a map of the area, found his goto hidey, and a week-end route to visit nearby campgrounds. Might be enough to keep me busy, only got 4 more month to get ready to take the boys on a bike tour of my local hot spots....

Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 03-06-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    "skin that that one, I'll get ya another"
    Martin Bows, Winchester, Howa, & Ruger bolts, Ruger & Taurus revolvers, Leupold & Steiner optics

Thanks
    Congratulations
    1. Archery hunting turkey in Florida, Texas, New Mexico

2. Hoping for an archery Bull elk tag in either Arizona or New Mexico. If I don't get drawn for New Mexico, I will not be applying for New Mexico again due to the stupidity of the new regs that will take effect in 2012.

3. Hoping for archery antelope in Arizona or New Mexico, if not will be hunting Wyoming again this year

4. Hopefully I can pull off a PA elk tag this year, but we'll have wait until September to find out.

5. Archery whitetail first week of Novemeber in Missouri

6. And of course my usual hunting trips within the borders of Pennsylvania, which is usally Whitetail, Bear, Turkey(spring and fall) and waterfowl
    2011 PSE Omen Pro 60#/26.5" 290 fps w/374 grain arrow
    2009 PSE Xforce GX 60#/26.625" 301 fps w/304 grain arrow; 276 fps w/374 grain arrow
    2011 PSE Bow Madness XL 55#/26.5" 243 fps w/406 grain arrow
    2011 PSE AXE-6 60#(IBO)58#(ASA)/26.5" 292 fps(IBO)287 fps(ASA) w/300 grain arrow

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My standy by hunts should be.

Utah general archery mulies
    Colorado high country archer mulies
    Wisconsin whitetail archery and rifle season.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for randoms in Utah, New Mexico, Nevada or Washington and Montana Trophy species.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Packing in light and packing out heavy for elk in September. That is my plan.