Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Nosler Accubond Long Range!

Bend, Ore. – October 31, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of their new line of AccuBond® Long Range bullets. Developed through a combination of bullet manufacturing techniques that are unique to Nosler, the design of the AccuBond®-LR allows for the highest B.C. possible in a bullet of the same caliber and weight. Designed with an optimum performance window ranging from 3,200fps to 1,300fps, the unique tapered jacket geometry and proprietary
    bonding process of the AccuBond®-LR allow it to expand rapidly for effective energy transfer and significant tissue damage while retaining sufficient weight to ensure deep penetration into the vitals. The AccuBond® bonding process allows the AccuBond®-LR to perform reliably on game throughout the entire velocity range, eliminating the problem of being “too close” often encountered with other high-B.C. bullets. The high-performance boat tail, long ogive, and polymer tip combine to make the AccuBond®-LR the sleekest, flattest- shooting, bonded, hunting bullet ever created. The ogive of the AccuBond®-LR is designed to provide excellent accuracy in a wide variety of firearms without the necessity of being loaded close to or in contact with the lands. The new AccuBond®-LR will be packaged in 100 count boxes, and will initially be available in the following calibers and weights.

Sweet!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks to Nosler for putting my home town on the map. Should be a good bullet, Nosler puts out some great stuff. If you go online to "Shooters Pro Shop" you can buy seconds for 1/2 price, they will ship them to you. BB as much as you know, I'm sure this isn't news to you!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Excellent news! My recent love affair with a .270 that I dug out of the scrap heap definitely will be enhanced with the addition of the 150 grains. Can't wait!

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hopefully a 8mm, .338, 358, 9.3, 9.5, and 416 are on the way.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That's great news. Hopefully these new bullets will bridge gap between the Bergers and the standard accubonds while maintaining reliable expansion.
    Good job nosler.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would like to load these for my 300 RUM. Can't wait to try them

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have shot accubonds at 1000 yards in F-Class when I ran out of Lapua scenars. Sadly they shot better than the Scenar match bullets do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm a novice on all this, as I don't reload or load my own bullets. What does this all mean in a nutshell? Forgive me in advance for my very, very novice questions or comments about this bullet. I don't reload but this sounds like a good thing? If Matt posts something, I tend to look at it and read over the comments and posts from everyone.

I shoot over the counter bullets, Hornady, InterBond and now due to having to shoot lead free in some areas here in California, I'm shooting Hornady GMX too. They both have a lower G1 Ballistic Coefficient in a similar gr weight calibers than what I see posted in the new Nosler ALR. Because I don't shoot a lot of rifle off season at the gun range or as much as I should, my feeling is that I need all the help I can get in having a good flat shooting, bullet retaining, killing round.

I'm not sure yet if I'll get into reloading yet, much is due to if I get into a weekly shooting club at my gun range or not. Is the post really only for those that reload or load their own bullets? A 100 count box is a bit more than I currently buy at one time at least.
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 11-01-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kevin, BC refers to how slippery a bullet is. So the higher the BC, the less it slows down, the less wind drift it has, and the harder it hits way out there.

And you should definitely get into handloading. Just don't expect to save any money.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterroot Bulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kevin I ran some numbers:

A 300 Win Mag pushing a 180 Speer Grand Slam (G1 BC .374) at 3000 fps MV still has 1860 fps at 500 yards and 1383 ft/lbs of energy.

A 30-06 pushing a 185 Berger VLD (G1 BC .549) at 2780 fps MV still has 2007 fps at 500 yards and 1655 ft/lbs of energy.

THAT is how important BC is.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterroot Bulls For This Useful Post: