Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Matt! Bullet innovation and performance to me is quite interesting. It will be interesting to see how it all evolves out there with some of the other high BC market bullet folks who have carried the high BC market in the past. I'm sure it will help push the innovation envelope out there and there will be more testing and innovation to try and keep up with the market and inovation.

Barrel twists to stabilize, BC rates, bullet retention, powder loads, flight performance, etc….. Like I said it all makes my head spin a bit trying to figure it all out being such a novice.

I'm still on the same box of shotgun turkey shells that I've had for years as I'm only using one perhaps two each spring season .

There are some shells I hunt with that it takes a while to get to the bottom of the box. Others surly would benefit me in many ways to shoot more and shoot more often.
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 11-01-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If them listed BC's truely aren't marketing hype, and in fact accurate, that is VERY impressive, especially in a hunting bullet. Too good to be true? Yet to be determined......But I like the looks of that there 6.5mm pill.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    For comparison, a 130 target VLD has a G7 of .282, and the 140 Hybrid .317.......A 129gr hunting bullet with .285, wow. I'm excited!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The tip of the accubond messes me up in my Winchester M70 in 300 win mag. I have to seat the bullet so deep for them to feed I'm a mile way from the lands. I get much better results from the accubond in my M70 in 25-06. The new LR accubond may be what I use for my upcomming antelope hunt, I'm looking forward to trying them out! But I didn't see .25 cal on the chart??

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Granted Bryan Litz works and designs bullets for Berger, he still knows his stuff more than most and I've found to be fair in his experiences.......Interesting...

Here's my reply to this same announcement on another forum:

First, this is very exciting news for long range hunters who prefer a bonded bullet. The original Accubonds are good bullets, but with their relatively short noses and essentially non-existing boat tails, they just didn't have the BC's for long range. However these new LR Accubonds look much better designed for BC.

Having said that, I have to apply the sanity check to the advertised BC's. Consider the G7 form factor (noted as i7 and explained in more detail here: http://02b0516.netsolhost.com/blog1/...analysis-tool/)

The form factor is basically the component of BC that describes a bullets drag in relation to a standard, lower is better.

The lowest form factor (lowest drag) bullets I've ever tested are in the neighborhood of 0.89. On average, Berger VLD's have form factors in the .92-.95 range which is quite good and results in high BC's.

The G7 BC's cited in the announcement imply the G7 form factors listed below. As you can see, some of them are quite low. I tend to question any claims that imply form factors below .90. After all, of the 100's of bullets I've tested, there's only been 4 or 5 that have actually had form factors below .90 and those have been radical designs, often requiring non-standard twists.

Code:
    Cal weight G7 BC i7
    0.264 129 0.285 0.928
    0.277 150 0.317 0.881
    0.284 150 0.309 0.860
    0.284 168 0.353 0.843
    0.284 175 0.364 0.852
    0.308 190 0.325 0.880
    0.308 210 0.366 0.864

I haven't tested these bullets yet, so I can't say for sure if the claimed BC's are accurate or not. For now I'll say congrats to Nosler on offering a bonded bullet geared more for LR hunters. I'll report back when I've done some BC testing.

Take care,
    -Bryan

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We will have to see how the BCs turn out in the real world. However, the initial numbers are just going to be ballpark, as the rifling marks on the bullets in flight will vary the BCs from rifle to rifle.

The important part is Nosler is offering a bonded bullet with much higher BCs (even if the published numbers are "optomistic") than any other bonded bullet and a wide, wide range of intended impact velocities.

This is a good development.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    This is a good development.
    I agree 100%.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yup, some good news here. i'll be giving them a go for sure. Come on 140gr. 6.5!

Thanks for the heads up Matt.
    NRA
    RMEF

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm kinda excited about that 6.5mm as well. It would also be nice to see someone make a high BC bullet for the .257 cal. I'm sure they can make one over that .500 range if they wanted to, there are 6mm's that are.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am really hopeful they expand the caliber range. I don't like spending $4 per bullet for homogenous high BC bullets for the 416 and 375.

Most bullets for the bigger calibers are shaped like flying 5 gallon buckets. In Alaska we call them honey buckets, I can assure they are not full of honey.

I have asked for a high BC bullet in 416 and 375 on both Hornady and Nosler respective facebook pages, lots of times.

The only game in town on high BC bullets in either caliber is expensive and not that consistant.

My friend Lutz Moeller makes high BC bullets in Germany for both calibers, and so does Jurgen Schultz of South Africa. But getting them here is impossible. And they are both drive band homogenous bullets.