Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
I made 2 different types of Brats, one made with antelope and pork shoulder roast and one made with antelope and bacon bits & pieces. I followed their directions and both are really great. After I stuffed the casings, they were smoked for an hour @150. Then I vacume packed them and into the freezer they went. Only problem is they are just a little salty for my taste. I am going to call them and see I can cut down on the amount of cure they recommend.

The only real problem I see is that they are a lot of work to get freezer ready and I can see them disappearing pretty fast. Looks like I might have to ration them!!
Colorado Cowboy, I'm about to make my first attempt at brats with antelope and pork. Did you use the same ratio as your breakfast sausage, 60% antelope/40% pork? The instructions say for 1lb of meat, 4 oz. antelope (25%), 12 oz. pork (75%). That seems like they would be pork brats not antelope. I was thinking 70 or 75% antelope and the rest pork. Any advice or suggestions on my first endeavor would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Thomas