Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have Leupolds that I paid about $140 for. I absolutely love them! Affordable, yet quality.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    I use the Cabela's XT, which have done me wonders for over 5 years. Definitely an upgrade from the walmart special simmons of yester year!!! I also have a Swarovski spotter as a back up for those extreme distance glassing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a pair of Leica Ultravid 10x25 compacts and love them. They are roughly $699.00 but I feel are worth the price. Yes they do not have the light transmission of a 10x40, but these things are light and handy, and the images are crystal clear. I love them and they are always around my neck. I do know some guys who end up leaving their 10x40's of different makes in the truck sometimes because the just get too darn heavy after a while. An 8x30 or a 10x30 would be another excellent choice. I sure like the Leica's but the Zeiss Conquest is another great binocular. Look through many and see what "fits" you best!

David
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    My favorites in this price range are the Vortex Talons and Zen Ray ED3s. I do not think 10x bins are required for Western hunting. I have glassed long distances with 8x bins quite often, and found them more than adequate. I am not a big fan of compacts for serious extended glassing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 4 Posts
    My suggestion would be go to a Sportmans or Cabelas just before dark, take every pair in your price range outside and look through them and see what you like the best. Every ones eyes are different, and one pair of bins may look better to you than they do for me. Good luck on your search and let us know what you choose.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 8 Times in 1 Post
    Here is a website of reviews you can check out. http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/

Here is the cheapest and most reliable place to purchase I have found. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

I go to my local sporting good store and check out the binos I'm interested in the check out the prices at bhphoto and a few other places. There can be quite a bit of price difference from store to store.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I got the 10x Vortex Talons prior to this season and I like them. I stepped up from 8x Monarchs and I like the extra power personally. I do wish I would have spent the extra money and went with the Viper HD now though. The Talons seem kind of big and bulky to me, but that's a given I suppose since I've carried 8x Monarchs all my life. The Viper binos are a little smaller and lighter. Overall I'm happy with the Talons, but may end up selling them for the Vipers.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I had a customer purchase the talons. When they arrived I of course had to look thru them and compare them to my vanguards. He showed up and opened the box. He says " hay! These arent what i ordered" I said "thats what came in the box. Dont know what to tell ya" He said "why would vortex ship you vanguard binos?" "I dunno manWierd huh?Ill make you a deal on those I guess". The talons are sweet and most definetly a competitor in any class. Besides the crystal clear glass. The body is pretty lightweight. And the binos as a whole look and feel like you can run them over with a truck. And they would be fine. He eventually got his talons...
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks guys. I have never heard of Zen Ray before but will check them out. I do like the feel of a pair of vortex I tried at cabelas but can't remember what model it was. Thanks again for the places to look. I have a little while before next season to try stuff out and make up my mind.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Check this site out. It is called "Sample List" the majority of the optics on here have been floor samples/demos, and you can save yourself a couple hundred bucks in alot of cases. Don't overlook some of the less known options like Minox and Pentax, I have looked through some of those and they are pretty nice.

http://www.samplelist.com/Binoculars-C3392.aspx