Thanks

wildlife board blindside

Does anybody else feel blindsided by Gov Sandervals appointment to the wildlife board of an hsus member?

Banned
    Thanks
    It happened in California, it could happen anywhere.

No one is safe, we will be very lucky to be hunting 50 years from now. Half that if things don't go our way, shame on anyone that doesn't vote Republican Red in 2 weeks.

I got a flier from a canidate in my home state of Alaska a couple days ago, and I called and talked to someone on their staff, as I was concerned that they weren't a hunter.

So I voted for the other Republican canidate that was, regardless of their experience.

Everyone owes it to their kids and their hunting bretheran to vote correctly, and promote who you are going to vote for.

Romney may not be a hunter, but Ryan is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    Does anybody else feel blindsided by Gov Sandervals appointment to the wildlife board of an hsus member?
    Yes a little.

Thanks
    Not really. Nothing surprises me with politics anymore. Anti's have infected every level of government in every state.

Thanks
    It looks like Nevada has a nine member board (Alaska has seven). Your new appointment is only one vote. With luck, if the other eight board members are good, they can positively influence the other one and teach him/her how important hunting is to wildlife management. Showing and teaching good management practices and wildlife stewardship can be invaluable to our side of the issues. This may prove not to be all bad. I've seen it work out okay up here.

Thanks
    Here's a little info about her off of ndow

Dr. Karen Layne currently serves as president of the Las Vegas Valley Humane Society. She is retired from both UNLV, where she was an assistant professor in the Public Administration Department, and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department where she was the Director of Planning.

Dr. Layne holds a Doctorate of Public Administration from the University of Southern California, an M.A. in Government from George Washington University and a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Richmond, Virginia. She was appointed to the Nevada Board of Wildlife Commissioners to represent the general public.

Thanks
    She is obviously a highly educated person. Let's hope that she will use that education to look at the science behind the wildlife management issues and put trust in Nevada's wildlife department to present the facts without bias. Too often these boards are presented "science" that is tainted by political agendas and radicalism. If she can stay open minded to true wildlife management based in science, hopefully she'll do fine and learn a lot in the process. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks
    The Humane Society as in the "pound" is completely different then HSUS which is a radical anti hunting group. Which is she from?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    The Humane Society as in the "pound" is completely different then HSUS which is a radical anti hunting group. Which is she from?
    That was my exact thought since I missed the news on this when it borke. There is a big difference between the two. If it IS the HSUS, this state has a big problem and I highly doubt any decision she makes can be untainted by radical animl right ideology from the few members that I've met.

Thanks
    The hsus must disappear for us to continue!