Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll get the story up this weekend. Taxidermist is getting me the unofficial score by Friday. Sorry for the delay! Thx for the congrats and all the kind words! I'm still in awe of him!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That's a pig ! Great mass ! You better mount that big boy !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    What a gorgeous buck with exceptional mass. Congratulations! As for score, it's hard to always judge by photos, but I'd guess he'll officially net in the upper 170's. NICE buck.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I promised the story, and here it is. My twin brother posted this write up on the WA state hunting forum, so ill just use the same here! He is such an awesome buck! I was waiting to hear from the taxidermist...I scored him gross over 200, and my taxidermist grossed him a bit over mine. He loses a good deal on the net...but it doesnt matter what he scores! He's a buck of a lifetime and ill be able to look at him everyday once I get him back! Regardless, got to wait for the drying period to get an official number on him! Thanks again for all the kind words!

Meet Samson. My brother shot this giant of a buck on the last weekend of the general season. Yep, another Washington state giant shot this year! The story isn't anything crazy. The real story is "time in the field".

We spend most all our time deer hunting in wilderness areas. We start scouting in July (elevation and snow dont allow us there any earlier!) and hunt our areas until October; weather permitting. Every year we usually glass up some decent bucks pre-season, and have been lucky enough to harvest a few. But this buck is in a class of it's own. So, here's the actual story for this buck.

My brother was by himself and decided to go check out one of our hunting areas. He drove up the mountain and set out on foot. The snow was about a foot deep when he decided to turn around. He went back down the mountain and tried a few spots that we have not spent much time scouting, besides looking at maps. The snow was now around 4 inches at this particular elevation. He cut some tracks on the side of the road and got out of his rig to give them a better look. There were about 5 sets of tracks. 4 does and the biggest buck track he'd ever seen. He followed them as they entered the big timber. A short slow creep later, there he was. Holding tight about 70 yards away. Boom, and down went the buck of a lifetime. A truly incredible God given gift.

So... The real story isn't drive roads until you see a monster buck. The real story is spend as much time as you can in the field. Everytime you step in the woods you learn something. You start to learn, where the bucks live, what they eat, where good genetics are, etc... Applying everything you learn is still no guarantee that you'll harvest a giant buck. But it does put you in the best position to do so, and that's all you can do. On top of that, luck is a much appreciated attribute. As I’m sure my brother will tell you.

This deer is awesome! It's evident from the pics that he's a giant, but honestly, the pics really don't do any justice for a buck like this. The mass is just out of this world. Well over 40". inside spread of 25" with a greatest outside spread of 29 5/8". I wish I was with him so I could have taken some pics of his buck in the field. Unfortunately these pics are all I got. I think they'll work.

Monster Washington State buck! I love it! Enjoy the pics!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks for the story, I've been looking forward to it. I can't imagine how pleased your brother is.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Great buck!