Thread: WY 47 Reports?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

WY 47 Reports?

I hunted 47 four years ago and have the points to draw next year, but am debating saving my points given some of the negative reports around the state. Anyone hunt it this year? How are numbers compared to 4 years ago? Anyone have any insight into what they think will happen to tag numbers next year, assuming an average winter?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have hunted 47 for the last 6 years. This year was by far the worst I have seen. There are still a bunch out there,just poor trophy quality. With the lower numbers and the same amount of tags, they are just way to pressured. I'm going to give it one more season, then look elsewhere.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ssliger View Post
    I have hunted 47 for the last 6 years. This year was by far the worst I have seen. There are still a bunch out there,just poor trophy quality. With the lower numbers and the same amount of tags, they are just way to pressured. I'm going to give it one more season, then look elsewhere.
    Did you see any fawns? The area we hunted that was the one thing that struck me, no fawns. We had a good hunt and saw plenty of bucks but saw maybe 1-2 fawns the entire trip. I think based on what we saw the worst is yet to come.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    47 has always been a highly overrated unit. It can and has produced great bucks simply because the antelope numbers have been so far above objectives and there are therefore so many surplus bucks reaching maturity and beyond. There have also been significant access issues throughout large portions of the unit which contributes to the lack of harvest anywhere outside of the block public lands. Recent high harvest quotas combined with additional public access has moved the population to a more realistic and sustainable level. It really is no better or worse than any other Wyoming antelope unit as long as realistic expectations are set.

Even in this season's drought conditions, we were more than happy with the overall "quality" and looked over hundreds of animals.

P.S. Lots of fawns, many twins this year. It was good to see this summer.
    Last edited by SouthernWyo; 11-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    very nice post dear... and also good comments
    thanks