Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question First Lite Kanab pants

Anybody on here have any experience with the First Lite stuff? I see them mentioned in the latest issue of EBHJ and they sound like a good option but with that price tag I would like to hear some reviews.

I'm also curios about the sizing of the pants. I just ordered some Russell pants in a large (which I usually wear) and they are two sizes too big. Hate to waste another $10 on return shipping! If you use the First Lite what size do you wear in comparison to blue jeans?

Thanks for any feedback!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Haven't got the pants yet. Last season I purchased the Llano, Springer Vest, the Labrador and a pair of the Red Desert boxers. All are excellent and do just what they need to do. Started out with them on for early season archery and continued to have them on all the way to the end of rifle season. The fabric kept me warm in the cool mornings, cool as the day heated up and, amazingly, kept me completely odor free day after day. It has been a real pleasure doing business with those guys. Better take out a loan but it's well worth it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the info! I drove two hours today to one of the archery shops here in Oregon that is supposed to be a dealer (according to the First Lite website) just to find they don't carry any First Lite stuff but they are trying to sell some knockoff stuff in the same ASAT camo. I wasn't too happy but I should have called first. I guess I will have to order them online.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    or just give them a call 208.721.0101. they'll walk you through any questions you may have on sizing. Everything I've got from them has been true to size. I put off the whole Merino wool thing for a few years and i'm so glad I pulled the trigger on it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If I was going to spend that kind of money I would buy KUIU.

www.kuiu.com

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Keep an eye on camofire, they occasionally have some First Lite on there. I bought a pair of pants a couple months ago in ASAT for around $80.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewshooter View Post
    Keep an eye on camofire, they occasionally have some First Lite on there. I bought a pair of pants a couple months ago in ASAT for around $80.
    Thanks, I will check that out. Always happy to find a good deal!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ElkUpHigh View Post
    If I was going to spend that kind of money I would buy KUIU.

www.kuiu.com
    I see Kuiu opened up for shopping this morning and I finally got to take a look at what they have to offer. I don't see what all the hype is about to be honest. Looks like they have some good Merino Wool longjohns but I can buy those for less money at REI. The pants they offer are a lot more expensive that I expected they would be. Thanks for the link anyhow! I will keep an eye on their stuff and be looking forward to hearing some reviews.

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    First Lite is a great company that is up and coming. Being born and raised in the town where it started I know one of the owners very well. He actually took me on my first big game hunt many years ago. They test their gear and wear it just as much as they try to sell it. I know plenty of people who buy the clothing who do not even hunt, but enjoy it for anything and everything outdoors. You cant go wrong with First Lite.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hulburt View Post
    I see Kuiu opened up for shopping this morning and I finally got to take a look at what they have to offer. I don't see what all the hype is about to be honest. Looks like they have some good Merino Wool longjohns but I can buy those for less money at REI. The pants they offer are a lot more expensive that I expected they would be. Thanks for the link anyhow! I will keep an eye on their stuff and be looking forward to hearing some reviews.
    I think the merino will be a bit nicer than most you see in the industry and the waterproof gear I believe is the best available for hunting. To each his own.