Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

PSE DNA has arrived !!!!!!!!!!!

First off, the Skullworks looks great on the DNA and fit and finish looks sharp. The bow came in very close and I had to only take a 1/2 twist out of the cable for cams to be perfectly synched. Draw length came in at 29 1/8 + and at 61#. The draw cycle is a little stiff which I excpected with those speeds but not bad at all. Probably would compare it to the OD cams as far as stiffness up front.

I know there has been reports of a horrible hump at 29" but that is simply not true. It starts off very similar to the Invasion I had but smoother all the way back to the wall. The wall is very firm when cams are in synch and feels great. Now for the part that might get some people is the holding weight. This is a 60# bow peaking at 61# the way I have it set up.

The holding weight is right between 18 and 19# which over the last couple years I actually prefer. I went through a phase with the low holding weight bows but really find myself more accurate between 16 and 19# so this fits the bill for me personally. I know some have reported the valley is plenty and does not feel like a 70% let-off bow but I would have to disagree.

IMO it feels right where they state it is and a true 70% let-off. The let down is very easy and again the thing that impresses me the most is the draw cycle for those kind of speeds. There is a few odds and ends that I need to get together before I have it fully set up. It was late today to bring the chrono outside but in the basement with a light kit with a 380gr arrow it came in at 315 fps.

The shot itself is very quiet and extremely dead in the hand at those speeds. It feels like a bow with much lower IBO at the shot. Has a very good feel to it and is balanced very well even with the grip being lowered for the centerpull technology.

I need to verify those speeds in some better lighting but those where the first results and will follow up later with a continued review and pics.
    I would say my first impression is quite impressive and a must bow to at least try out this year. Keep you posted with tuning and shootabilty hopefully within the next 7 to 10 days.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The horrible hump is at 30", but its not that bad really and I still ordered one. Its nothing compared to the hump at 31" on the bowtech insanity!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congrats on the new toy! Have you had a chance to shoot any distance with it yet?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxhunter View Post
    Congrats on the new toy! Have you had a chance to shoot any distance with it yet?
    Hoping to take it long range tomorrow.

Here is a couple pics but changing rest tomorrow. No reason in particular but want to try the TT extreme FC Pro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PSE DNA #1 (Medium).JPG   PSE DNA #2 (Medium).JPG  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Update on Let-off. I have a lot of guys asking about increasing your let-off so here are the results.

When you move the draw stops forward to the next position you will increase your valley substantially and bring you to a 74-75% let-off bow. You will also increase your draw length by 3/8" so for instance if you are a 29" draw you will want the rotating mods set at 28.5" and the draw stops to 29" to get you a true 29" draw with more let-off.

I will keep you posted on speed reduction by doing this as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    hows the dna ontarget? you happy with it?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    hows the dna ontarget? you happy with it?
    Yes, actually very happy with it and it looks like it has the making to pass my all time favorite to date, the Invasion.

I will try and have a video review wrapped up this week.

Here is a quick link of a group at 90 yards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2wLHPllny4&feature=plcp

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    that bow drops nicely! allways cool to watch archers shoot right. and that was a great 90'group. you familiar with the new hoyts and mathews? im a pse fan but that new hoyt shoots wonderfull, havent tested the new pse yet. thanks for keeping us informed.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    that bow drops nicely! allways cool to watch archers shoot right. and that was a great 90'group. you familiar with the new hoyts and mathews? im a pse fan but that new hoyt shoots wonderfull, havent tested the new pse yet. thanks for keeping us informed.
    Yes I have shot them and they all have some great qualities. I still prefer the DNA for how quiet it is, completely dead on the shot and a great draw cycle for the speeds you get out of it.
    Some of the other that you mentioned have a bigger valley/more let-off but after getting used to the 70% let-off in the DNA, I think I am shooting it better than my other 80% let-off bows