Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4point View Post
    Are the odds of drawing better if we would apply individually than a group? I think it would a rifle hunt only, we'd like to do both but probably wouldn't have the time.
    The odds are always better applying seperately that someone will pick up a tag, just the way statistics works. For example say there's a 10% chance of drawing a tag, then if you applied as a party you'd only have a 10% chance of drawing the tag for both of you. If you applied seperately that's 10% + 10% = 20% chance one of you would draw. Obviously if you both have to draw to make it work than put in together...good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    Not quite a 20% chance of drawing id you put in seperately. Its still a 10% chance you just have 2 names in on the draw. If you put in for as a party, then there will be 1 name to get that 10% chance. The odds do decrease a tiny fraction if you put in for a party. But in no way will it give you a 20% chance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry Birdhunter but i have to disagree. If they send in separetaly they "WILL' have "TWICE" the chance of one of them drawing versus sending in as a group. That is not my opionion that is a mathematical fact.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktaco View Post
    Sorry Birdhunter but i have to disagree. If they send in separetaly they "WILL' have "TWICE" the chance of one of them drawing versus sending in as a group. That is not my opionion that is a mathematical fact.
    So, if there are 100 tags available, and the odds are 10% of drawing, and you, me, and 8 of our closest friends all put in for the draw, is one of us guaranteed to draw?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Fairly certain if you put in as a group your odds drop on an individual basis. Both names go in under one application. That's the way it is in most states I know. You're better off on an individual basis applying alone.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Also the other issue I hate about 22 is that the Cow hunters hit the unit hard and overlap with the bull hunters. As a result the bulls head for the steep nasty stuff pretty fast after opening day. Once they get up that mountain those big bulls are hard to find and it is not easy to get to them. I had a buddy hunt it, there were several good bulls that got killed openign day, after that it was hard to find anything with much size. It is unfortunate that the cow hunters are there the same time and really disappointing that the hunt went the way it did.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'll elaborate a little more....if there are two tags and 10 people put in, you have a 20% chance. If two people put in on a party application, you'll have a 1 in 9 chance of drawing two tags (a little more than 10%). If you put in separately there's a 20% chance one of you will draw. If you put in separately there's roughly a 1% chance you'll both draw. That's the way the statistics work.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Fink i never said guarantee. But odds are if ten people apply for a tag with ten percent odds one will draw it....no guarantees though.....