Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry for your loss and good for you for getting back out there hunting. Your father would want you to go forward and continue doing this wonderful thing that he shared with you called hunting and the great outdoors. I had my youngest son die 6 years ago, he was only 19 months old. For a couple years it was hard to get out there and to really have fun. I was doing something that I love to do, and just like you something my father introduced me to yet I was empty inside. Not sure about you jjenness, but guys do and have these weird things they like to do. Even though my son Jeremiah had not been hunting with me yet, he still had his own Ruana knife that I had hunted shed antlers for and traded for the knife at the shop in Bonner Montana instead of paying cash. I had his name engraved on it, and he doesn't know it, but it was his Christmas gift his first year. The first year after I lost my son I took his knife with me and my other boy Jeff over deer and antelope hunting. We used Jeremiah's knife to dress Jeff's animals with. When we got home I cleaned up the knife and gave it to my son Jeff and told him it now belonged to him and that he could pass it along to one of his children someday when he got married. I do know it made it special to me.

I'm sorry to go off track a bit jjenness, and I truly know how you feel. Just like my son Jeremiah, your father would want you to continue, and for you to enjoy what you are doing. I imagine he was looking over your shoulder and was watching the whole time. God bless you and prayers for you and your family. That is a special bull for you that you will cherish forever.
    David
    Last edited by 6mm Remington; 11-29-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So sorry for your loss i think your dad would be so proud of you to go out and take what you have learned from him and take a great bull.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm sorry to hear about your Father. Just remember one thing. He will live forever through you & the things he taught you as you pass on the legacy to your children. I know how tough it is to loose a loved one. I lost a child & my brother, but they are not really lost. I know exactly were they are & we will be re-united soon. The Bible says life is a vapor. When life gets tough, just call upon the King of Heaven & ask him to step in! Here is one of my favorite scriptures.

Psalm 18:2- The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my strength, in who I will trust; my buckler and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Congrats on the bull & thanks for sharing.

God Bless you & your family!
    Bryan,

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    The only thing better than finding time to hunt is finding time to hunt with your kids. I never got a chance to hunt with my Dad very much but I remember when he saw my sheep. He just stared at the ram and no words could have said what he was thinking. I feel for your loss. Keep your dads memories close to the heart !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry about the loss of your father and congrats on the bull man, i give you alot of credit getting out there considering your circumstances. Touching story...makes a person appreciate his own loved ones just reading it. Thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm so sorry for your loss JJenness, what a great way to remember your father and celebrate his life and the things he taught you. GOD BLESS!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm so sorry to hear of loss of your father jjenness. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It must have been a hard time hunting that last day of the season having just lost your father. I'm sure this past hunt will be memorable for you. May you be successful to pass on the valuable life lessons to your children that your father has taught you. May you now carry that torch well, helping to guide your children's path and teach them those valuable life lessons.

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
    Philippians 1:3-6

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Great bull and what a perfect way to remember your father and celebrate his life by taking a Bull! So sorry for your loss

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just want to say thank you to all of you out there who so willingly extend so many kind thoughts. It's people like you who, most of whom I have never met, that help a fellow outdoorsman through tough times. God Bless to all of you.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think the score of an animal sometimes makes us forget what makes hunting so special to all of us. At the end of the day it should be about spending time with family and friends. Congrats on the bull and sorry for your loss. What a great way to honor your dad.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!