Banned
    Thanks

What states have land owner tags? Not to buy or sell but for the landowner to use.

I don't necessarily mean to sell tags, just want them for my own use.

Land in Arizona is super cheap, it's too bad there is no such thing as a land owner tag there.

Here's the ones i know of.

Wyoming, Oregon, California, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas.

Anyone know of any other western states with land owner allocations.

I am not exactly talking about selling or buying tags, just getting them as a land owner.

Thanks
    Idaho has them too.

Thanks
    Nevada has them. How the property owners get them is beyond me. Where our ranch lies is in great elk country 111-113 and we lost 2/3 of our alfalfa to elk this season. The state put a 10' tall fence around all 240+ acres instead of giving tags. It may be something that is grandfathered in and slowly changing. If you find a good broker they may be able to find you a ranch in nv that is for sale that recieves them. But your talking a big working ranch for alotta dough. I would imagine in the 800- a million range.
    Last edited by hardstalk; 11-30-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Thanks
    In Oregon you can own as few as 40 acres and get a landowner tag. The quality of hunting in Oregon leaves a lot to be desired though!

Thanks
    In MT, up to 15% of deer and antelope permits are reserved for landowners. A landowner in this drawing pool has to have at least 160 acres of land primarily used for agriculture in that district. 15% of elk permits are also reserved for landowners, but in this drawing pool, the landowner has to have 640 acres of land used by elk in that district.

Thanks
    In California......not that anybody cares , land owners with one section of ground qualify for land owner tags to do what they please with them. I'm sure that it differs from state to state.

Banned
    Thanks
    Packer, I care about California. Just don't want to live in that cess pull of liberal blue state anti-freedom haters.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    In MT, up to 15% of deer and antelope permits are reserved for landowners. A landowner in this drawing pool has to have at least 160 acres of land primarily used for agriculture in that district. 15% of elk permits are also reserved for landowners, but in this drawing pool, the landowner has to have 640 acres of land used by elk in that district.
    Financially tought to handle a mortage on a section of elk land.

Our goal would be a mortage under $500,000.

I got into the final running on a job in West Glacer, if they'll wait 11 months for me to get there. Can't find any big property for cheap though. Best hope will be 10+ acres backed up against some national forest. So two problems really, they have to be willing to wait for me to get there, and I have to be able to afford to live there.

Thanks
    Oregon has them, but you are limited to hunting your property. So having an LOP tag on 40 acres might not give you too many options.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Financially tought to handle a mortage on a section of elk land.

Our goal would be a mortage under $500,000.

I got into the final running on a job in West Glacer, if they'll wait 11 months for me to get there. Can't find any big property for cheap though. Best hope will be 10+ acres backed up against some national forest. So two problems really, they have to be willing to wait for me to get there, and I have to be able to afford to live there.
    If you are super serious about this we could chat. My company has land in the best unit in the state with a landowner tag. 3 deer over 200 came out of this unit that I know of alone. Over a dozen 180-200 class. This is Montana of course