Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

So now that hunting season is over (kind of)....

I need to take my wife on a vacation. And since I always get such good info from here, I thought I would ask you guys... Any tips on a good week long vacation in February or March? We live in Montana so naturally we want some sun. Probably some beach too.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    My wife would vote for one of the Hawaiian islands, probably Kauai or a week on a cruise ship somewhere warm and tropical.
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 11-28-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks
    Depends on how much $$ you want to spend In February my wife and I will be spending 10 days in Belize. This will be our 3rd trip there. After spending at lot of time in Mexico (Baja, Cabo, etc) for the last 30 years, we find Belize to be a very cool place. We've also been to Costa Rica and Hawaii. We don't go to Mexico anymore because of the crime and political climate. Used to own a business there and a home, but not anymore. The only problem i see is deciding this late, might be a little hard to get all the itinary put together. Good luck and have fun...take plenty of sunscreen!
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    I need to do the same thing Montana. I don't think it will happen in 2013 however, but 2014 I NEED to take the wife somewhere! She puts up with alot from my hunting obsession. Anytime she talks about going somewhere tropical I ask "what is there to hunt there?" I need to stop doing that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Depends on how much $$ you want to spend In February my wife and I will be spending 10 days in Belize. This will be our 3rd trip there. After spending at lot of time in Mexico (Baja, Cabo, etc) for the last 30 years, we find Belize to be a very cool place. We've also been to Costa Rica and Hawaii. We don't go to Mexico anymore because of the crime and political climate. Used to own a business there and a home, but not anymore. The only problem i see is deciding this late, might be a little hard to get all the itinary put together. Good luck and have fun...take plenty of sunscreen!
    +1 on Belize. That place is amazing.

Banned
    Thanks
    I live in Australia, it is currently the 2nd or 3rd most expensive holiday vacation in the world after Iceland and those ski-vacation spots in Switzerland.

It is also the beginning of summer and very hot.

On our side of the world.....

If you want to fish don't go to SE Asia, fishing sucks.

New Caledonia is the best place in the South Pacific for a vacation, cheap deer hunting for Rusa deer (kind of cheap) and awesome fishing.

I think Guam and Hawaii are kind of trailer parkish.

Thanks
    ha geez edelweiss, trailer parkish eah? haha, not everyone on here has money crawling out of thier pockets. been to hawaii 2 times, maui, best vacation ive ever had. italy was ok but something about those hawaiian waves. i heard austrailia has turned all red necked on us, that true?

Thanks
    Get er done mate!

Thanks
    Go to carnival.com & look at the carribean cruises. They are awesome, you will eat like a king! Took my entire family last spring & we are going back next summer. Cozumel, Mont. Bay & Belize! If you go in Feb it will be one of the cheaper rates also. If you are interested, I can give you our vacation planners name & number she will take care you & your wife.

Thanks
    Thanks everyone.... All great tips. I'll look into everything listed above. Eberle.. Did you go out of Florida?

Anymore tips out there is appreciated!! I have about a week planned and like to keep it 3,500-4,000.

Thanks again!!