Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Big-Eye lust, Zeiss 20x60 Image Stabilzed

Anyone own a pair?

I have been lusting after them for years, I told the wife I wanted them for my 40th birthday in a couple years.

Anyone have them and hate them?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 76 Times in 7 Posts
    TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."
    Confucius

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I have heard those kowas are the ticket. But huuge! I could see myself using them from the truck. Not sure I would pack them with me.

Then again if i drop 5k on binos I can pay someone to pack them for me
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't know you would hunt with those Kowas either.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Edel, just curious the benefits of 20x60 binos over a spotter with higher zoom, larger light gathering capabilities say like a 100mm or even an 85. And half the price tag? By no means do I mean to badger your thread but am I ignorant to the capabilities of these binos over a spotter? If your heart is set on these i would assume you have done your homework on the big eyes. Im just looking for some knowledge.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Edel, just curious the benefits of 20x60 binos over a spotter with higher zoom, larger light gathering capabilities say like a 100mm or even an 85. And half the price tag? By no means do I mean to badger your thread but am I ignorant to the capabilities of these binos over a spotter? If your heart is set on these I would assume you have done your homework on the big eyes. Im just looking for some knowledge.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Imagine this......

You are hunting antelope, deer, elk, sheep whatever and you don't have to pack a tripod, and these are about the same weight as all but the little Leupold spotter.

The mechanical image stabilizing dampner inside allows you to view things a long ways away while standing up unsupported.

They are built by Ziess so you know they are a quality product.

They probably are not truely "big eyes", but bigger eyes than a pair of 16x56 Swarovskis or similar. To me big eyes would be something like those Kowas posted earlier.

Problem with the Kowas, Fujinons and Docters in that big 80-200 mm objective is you need a mule team to get them up the mountain.

I used to be the proud (LOL) owner of a pair of Steiner 25x80 Senators, peice of donkey doo they were. They weren't binocular, each eye saw a different image, talk about headaches.

I always thought the Ziess 20x60s were something of a novelty and no serious hunter would own a pair. Then I ran into a couple people that had them and started doing research. Even got to spend a couple hours playing with a pair in Sweden about 8 or 9 years ago. They are just well...... Wonderful!

One of the funniest things about them, is that you never almost never see them for sale second hand.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Edel, just curious the benefits of 20x60 binos over a spotter with higher zoom, larger light gathering capabilities say like a 100mm or even an 85. And half the price tag? By no means do I mean to badger your thread but am I ignorant to the capabilities of these binos over a spotter? If your heart is set on these I would assume you have done your homework on the big eyes. Im just looking for some knowledge.
    I have a big pair of steiners like these that I bought for my sheep hunt. I would get headaches using one eye all day looking thru my spotting scope. Theses eliminated that. You dont get as great of detail as a high power spotting scope but anywhere you want you can sit down put your elbows on your knees and glass almost instantly so they become much faster to use than setting up a tripod.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought the 25x80's as referbished from SWFA, and I would not recommend doing that. I think that was the problem to begin with. I sold them on ebay for $800 a few months later and broke even.

In all actuality if you wanted to use a tripod you would be wiser to invest $1800 in a pair of Steiner Senators than $7000 for the Ziess. But I never said I was wise.