Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BKC View Post
    There are a ton of animals to hunt here in good ole north america. I have never seen the draw in Africa. I don't like blinds and I don't like road hunting. If I'm going to fly across the ocean to hunt it will be for a bear in Russia.
    You are mistaken, I experienced about every method in those 10 days that we employ in the west excepting horseback.

Africa is truly wonderful, the problem with it is you will go back. It's not a one and done kind of a situation. I don't know anyone that has been just once, barring lifes circumstances.

I used to live in Djibouti, and even that crap-hole is a wonderful safari destination out toward the Ethiopian danakil desert.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    You mean stags behind a fence in New Zealand, unless you want a 3 pointer it's going to be behind fence.

I have some friends from here in Australia that just got back, they had a miserable time. Place is shot up something fierce.
    Hmm, cross that off the list then. The only fence ill hunt behind is a 5 strand.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Free ranging red stags in any quantity and quality get slaughtered as quickly as they can be in New Zealand. The case of New Zealand not having tons of local hunters is long sense past.

That and job market in New Zealand isn't so great, so anyone who can make money guiding dudes has them gunned back pretty hard.

Free-Range public land hunting in New Zealand is tough.

Private land and especially high fence areas have tons of wildlife, and a high price tag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    nice pics! i didnt think tanzania would be all that much to hunt??? i thought only south africa was governed. am i wrong? i work with a guy from tanzania, he may not know what he is talking about but he said as long as im with him i wouldnt have to pay for anything as far as hunting goes. ive been thinking about doing it but havent done the research yet. id love to go there with a bow, but im a little tight with my mula. airfare there isnt that much, looks like 1500 will get me there round trip. that with a guy that knows the area sounds like a pass i cant pass.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Africa is high on my list next to Alaska, but I don't know which is highest. The thought of all of those animals in one place is enough to make me want to go. And kudu would be my first choice. I have talked to many outfitters for African hunts at the sportsmans expo in denver and an SCI convention in las vegas but it's all just a dream for now. Edelweiss, did you ship back the animals you took in Africa? Curious how much I have to save to allow for that cost also. I plan to go there within 10 years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You mean stags behind a fence in New Zealand, unless you want a 3 pointer it's going to be behind fence.

I have some friends from here in Australia that just got back, they had a miserable time. Place is shot up something fierce.
    Unless you book with the right guy

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Unless you book with the right guy
    My aussie friends that went hunted public land, and the place was shot up fierce, they saw 1 red stag with 4 points per side. That's public land in New Zealand as there is no game laws.

Private land or high fence is going to be different. They tell me that most of the private land areas get poached pretty hard, so the only way to ensure a big stag is high fence.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Free ranging red stags in any quantity and quality get slaughtered as quickly as they can be in New Zealand. The case of New Zealand not having tons of local hunters is long sense past.

That and job market in New Zealand isn't so great, so anyone who can make money guiding dudes has them gunned back pretty hard.

Free-Range public land hunting in New Zealand is tough.

Private land and especially high fence areas have tons of wildlife, and a high price tag.
    Hopefully that works out for you

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ivorytip View Post
    nice pics! i didnt think tanzania would be all that much to hunt??? i thought only south africa was governed. am i wrong? i work with a guy from tanzania, he may not know what he is talking about but he said as long as im with him i wouldnt have to pay for anything as far as hunting goes. ive been thinking about doing it but havent done the research yet. id love to go there with a bow, but im a little tight with my mula. airfare there isnt that much, looks like 1500 will get me there round trip. that with a guy that knows the area sounds like a pass i cant pass.
    This sounds like a bad idea. I actually heard about a guy that hunted with some Europeans that said the same thing. After he shot the animal, they started talking about avoiding authorities. There is no free lunch.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    This sounds like a bad idea. I actually heard about a guy that hunted with some Europeans that said the same thing. After he shot the animal, they started talking about avoiding authorities. There is no free lunch.
    Yep, you beat me to the punch.

Guiding clients or friends requires a PH permit that is $50,000 per year in Tanzania.

A resdient hunting license can be had cheaply, and you can take a wide variety of wildlife on that license. But you have to be a tax paying Tanzanian, Ugandan, Zambian, Botswanan and so on, hunting in that respective country.

Namibia and South Africa all hunting is based on game ranches, which are either fenced or not. Most in Namibia are not, most in South Africa are.