Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 58 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Jen, are you sure this isnt being taken in the wrong context? Typically even with sarcasm you can tell when someone makes a demotivational poster. It is obvious that there hating. But with that poster that was edited with the wording I dont assume it as sarcastic. I see the poster as a thumbs up. People who are viewing the pic dont know you. How do they know you hunt/trap/fish. If you view the pic from a different angle and not from a personal standpoint. Its a kid with some toys learning an american heritage. I go to archery shoots all the time where there is little 2-3-4 year olds with their toy bows out there shooting the targets. The whole shoot will be put on hold for the kids to try a couple times before we continue. There is no such thing as too young. When he is older and decides he loves it or hates it. That is his decision. But for now your giving him a hobby and a passion outside of nintendo that keeps him active and learning. Thats just great parenting regardless how its chopped up!
    Hardstalk, I was thinking the same thing. I thought the second pic had something written on it due to great parenting. But, Jen you know best on where the second picture started popping up, and if it was be translated as a bad thing then I can completely see where you are coming from. Since this is the first time I have seen the pic, and it is on this forum, I take the words as a compliment to your parenting.
    JJenness
    G
    &T Crazy

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Im sure if you google search. "Parenting your doin it wrong" you will see the diff in context. Majority of the time its a kid with a ar barrel in his mouth or a parent holding a kid naked over a fire. Just dumb stuff.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    When I hear "parenting your doing it wrong" I assume this. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354813902.494534.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	4833

Big difference in what the context exploits in jens pic
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My hat's off to you Jen for exposing your children to "OUR" lifestyle at a young age. I didn't spin the edited pic as a bad thing. As Colorado Cowboy mentioned, social media is a double edged sword and once it's out there for the world to see you can't get it back. Unfortunatly the individuals that would spend the time to degrade you as a parent for instilling your lifestyle and values to your children are probably sitting in the same room with "THERE CHILDREN" glued to some video game stealing cars, shooting cops and who nows what else.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Haters gonna hate.

Jen, I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of regarding the second picture. They are clearly complementing you on getting your child started on the right path, and I would have to agree with them, you're doin it right!

I say keep up the good work!
    My first thoughts were exactly like Fink's and I couldn't have said it any better. I commend you on teaching your child the art, regardless of his/her age.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks everyone! I took the words in the second picture as a compliment. It was other people that commented on the picture that started spreading some hate on it. I had actually emailed the person that added the words to the picture because I was curious as to where it came from and she said she found it on tumblr and then added the words and posted it to her Facebook and then that's where it started spreading. She commended me on doing a good job so that did make me feel better. It was just when I was on my "news feed" and I kept seeing it pop up and there was negative comments on it, that's when I got upset although when I saw it I knew there would be people that said something. Even though most the groups it was spreading on were hunting related groups. thanks again everyone!
    And DRhorsepower- that's funny! I'm glad you shared it

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 3 Posts
    Jen,

Don't ever let anything like that get under your skin again! You are a good Mom! Those people making negative comments, more than likely voted for Obama! Just remember you have the support of all of us here on the forum! As for my little bow-hunter tell him to keep practicing! See ya..............

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 18 Times in 1 Post
    I saw that pic today myself. Good job, Dad!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Your Never to Young. I was out in the Woods with My Father as a Baby.... I was the First Child and my Parents where young and just starting out in life... My Father LOVES the Outdoors and when it was his turn to Baby Sit. I was Either Fishing with Him Or being carried out into the Woods Hunting..... Teach Him Right From Wrong and let him Fling a Few Arrows...... And Enjoy the Outdoors......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You are a great mom for getting them started on the right track and showing them where food actually comes from that shows up on the dinner table. Every farm kid grew up knowing what it meant to have a garden and what it produced, same with the cattle and the sheep that they had. You are teaching him how important animals are and how much you respect them, not just that it is a wonderful experience and blessing to be able to hunt one, but what it also means when you harvest an animal. Good for you.
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson