Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

whats the best Range Finder

I got so much good advice on GPS's, I gotta ask. Whats the; fastest,target aquiring (on an actual animal), angle compensation Range Finder out there? Ive got a Bushnell yardage pro 600, and its only good for less than 300yrds on a neon sign. Im wanting something better, something that will pick up animals like they do on the outdoor channel

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I highly recommend the Zeiss Victory PRF. It is the quickest rangefinder I have used so far. You can also hold the button down and it will give you consistent, accurate readings over and over again. This is good for double, triple and quadruple checking your yardage before the shot or ranging game on the run. You'll find that 600 yards is cake with the Zeiss; it's capable of much farther. So, if fast readings is what you're after.. Go Zeiss! It's faster than Leica and Swaro, and believe it or not, the glass is also better than those two.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well....in light of my recent experiences, I would have to say, the best is the one that works. In order to say it works, I would go as far as to say, it needs to do EXACTLY as its advertised to do EVERY time.
    If it cant, its merely a paperweight with alot of fancy options.
    Stupid Leupolds.....(oops didnt mean to say that part) LoL
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I love my Leupold RX II but I am a bow hunter, so the animals I am ranging are close. It works good in the rain, and can hold the button down and scan, gives you the temperature, and angle compensates. Even has a ballistic mode. But if I were a rifle hunter I would look at something else that would read further.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    thanks Elkoholic, I hadnt really thought about a Zeis

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been happy with my leica 900. It works great as long as you are not trying to pick up antelope or coyotes in the wide open over a few hundred yards.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Leica Geovids or the New Zeiss's would also be awesome. Can't beat havin a rangefinder in your bino's. No more fumbling around when the time comes!
    #KEYSTONE

TICK
    TALL, WIDE and HANDSOME

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well I just got back from a few days down the hill. Spent a few hours at the Cabelas shop, and played around with the rangeguesser toys.
    As some of you know my recent acquisition of a Leupold RX 1000 was to say not to my much anticipated expectations. For my bow hunts, it will do more than fine, but for long-range fun, or rifle shooting, or in snow, its crap.
    I love Swarovski glass, haven't bought any but love it non the less. Tried out their LRF and the sales guy immediately said I would not like it. He was right. The indicator is very faint light orange, and washes out in the slightest bit of sun. Albeit you can submerge this puppy, which Im sure would help me out in my bass fishing derbies this summer! Or if I were to take bow hunting to a Vietnam Rambo level and start coming out of the water at full draw on watering bulls......hmm can just see the next Eastmans Bull hunt CONGO style video! LOL
    The Zeiss was a bit large, but did work well, and had two buttons. I found the wrong one over and over, thus I don't like it. The clarity and function wasn't bad though.
    I did get to fondle the Leicca 1600 CRF model too. LOVE IT! But they didn't let me keep it on that basis only, he said something about paying for it so I put it back for now. The read out is supper clear. The optics are of coarse great, but with the name Leicca on it of coarse it would be. The thing has a temp read out, barometric pressure readings, angle ballistic compensations, and some other features.
    Size is almost Identical to my Leupold, and the size is one MAJOR reason I picked the Leupold. The Extra mode button on this Leicca was flat and below the contour of the device, so it didn't get accidentally in the way. The sales guy says its only water resistant, BUT, the package says water proof, and so does the website...so...who's right. Ill go with the manufacture, and after my next CONGO style elk hunt, Ill let them know if they misinformed or not!
    So for now it stays on the shelf, till some extra monies come along for me to buy it! But for any one considering a rangefinder, consider what your buying it for. Black LED's suck in the woods, so just don't go cheap. Then get one based on the perceived needs or use you have planned for it.
    LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!! READ CONSUMER REVIEWS!!! Oh if only I had....
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thank you Wolftalon for making time to give me a great review.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ya thx great info.
    Pretty cocky for a starvin pilgram...