Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Ikic, there's a hunt in that unit right now! Oh and btw, I'm hoping to draw any the units some of these bucks came out of, wait a sec some of those guys look familiar!
    Hahahah yes DR you do have the inside scoop!! I hope you draw this year!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Hahahah yes DR you do have the inside scoop!! I hope you draw this year!
    Me too man, my luck was slightly less than outstanding last year. I think one of these years tag gods are going to really reward me and I will have so many tags I won't know what to do with them all!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't low if I would wish so much from the tag gods. I would be happy with one or two. But u will have plenty of help if you are graced with such magical mail this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I don't low if I would wish so much from the tag gods. I would be happy with one or two. But u will have plenty of help if you are graced with such magical mail this year.
    You are right, I don't want that many tags in one year, I just see it happening though. You know I will be hitting you up next year IF I get a tag!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Awesome bucks! Just yesterday I started looking at Nevada's draw system. I'm going to starting to apply next year. I know I'm way behind alot of hunters, but I need to start sometime. Bucks like that in Oregon are very few and far between. I am jelouse of all you guys who live in states that hold so many big bucks. Thanks for posting!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ummmmmm, WOW. Those are some big'uns.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    Awesome bucks! Just yesterday I started looking at Nevada's draw system. I'm going to starting to apply next year. I know I'm way behind alot of hunters, but I need to start sometime. Bucks like that in Oregon are very few and far between. I am jelouse of all you guys who live in states that hold so many big bucks. Thanks for posting!
    Bucks Like that are few and far between in alot of states including Nevada! I do agree, you need to apply to get a tag to have a chance at any buck. These bucks here were taken in units it takes years to draw as a resident and non res. not all the same unit though. Tons of good units here and you will never draw them if you don't apply.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Bucks Like that are few and far between in alot of states including Nevada! I do agree, you need to apply to get a tag to have a chance at any buck. These bucks here were taken in units it takes years to draw as a resident and non res. not all the same unit though. Tons of good units here and you will never draw them if you don't apply.
    I have no doubt that all the bucks posted are above average in Nevada too. I would have to say that there's alot better chance of finding one there than north of the border in Oregon however. It's safe to say I don't think there were that many bucks like that taken in the entire state of Oregon in
    2012 all season combined. I may be a dozen or more years older when I hunt Nevada, but I will be headin south someday.
    Last edited by Timberstalker; 12-13-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    As always we see the big ones and post the pics for all to enjoy. These bucks are very hard to find but the choice areas to hunt here in Nv will produce this caliber of bucks each year. As always they aren't standing beside the road for some guy to just shot out of their truck. They are very hard to find and it takes a lot of work. We all know this. I personally have spent a ton of time looking for above average bucks in Nv so when the time come for me or my family to draw I have somewhere to start. I also really enjoy helping friends out in getting big bucks. If you have a tag in a area that I know where some good bucks are I will help out to get the biggest bucks I can find. I do have a few spots I keep for myself and for those very few. I would say for me on average in the last say 10 years the bucks I have found are in the high 160" to the low 170" with a couple each year well above that. Like DR said the tags are hard to get but when you draw the chances of you getting that buck of a life time are much better here then most.

Also you have to try to get the tags and build points to draw so do it now! The very low snow fall trend we have had for the last three years hopefully will change in the next two and then it will be EPIC hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There are some great bucks down here my way....but for some reason it always seems like the "MONSTERS" keep popping up up there where your at Ikeep....smh. I spoke to a biologist a few weeks back and she said one of the areas down here in the south produced epic trophy quality bucks....but I haven't heard of any "BIG" bucks coming out of that area in a few years now.
    HOYT SPYDER TURBO {70/27.5}
    A bonafide city boy...that calls the Backcountry his "hood!"