Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Sharpstick...Fun, memories, friends, and family are what its all about. Great bucks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpstick View Post

Our best bucks taken with archery gear. One on the left, my son took in 2003 just before he left on an LDS mission to Brazil. What a great send off and memories for two years. Buck on the right, I took last year on the 28th of August. It was with two other bucks as they came down the mountain to feed in the alfalfa meadows for the evening. It was about fifteen minutes before sundown and they came right up to the sage blind I was hiding behind. The lead buck spooked at five yards, but the buck I took and another stopped at 45 yards to look back to see what had spooked the lead buck. The shot was a bit too far forward but luckily my G5 Striker did it's job and the buck only went maybe 15 yards before tipping over. It's a lot of fun hunting with my friends and sons and we've made some awesome memories hunting together.
    Great Story! Did he get to see the mount before he left? The anticipation of coming home was pretty intense, I am sure a deer like that would made it that much more exciting ... thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by RobinHood; 04-02-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks
    Sorry to those that have seen these before.....just trying to get some action on this thread so maybe we can see some more bucks. Maybe even Ryan will post some his toads.

My best archery non-typical arrowed on the Kaibab in 2000. Hunted 17 days straight until it finally came together. He was hanging with a giant typical (185" class) but I really wanted a true non-typical. He's one of the biggest bodied deer I've ever taken. He's a 9x10 with really good mass. Only a 16.5" inside spread and grossed 203" and netted 197" net P&Y. Goes to show they really don't need to be wide to score well.

Here's my best typical that I arrowed on the AZ Strip in 2008. Arrowed him 15 minutes into opening morning. I'd like to say it was all skill, but LUCK had a lot to do with it. Right place right time. He's a 31" wide buck that grossed 197" and netted 191 2/8" P&Y. Just a beautiful looking typical buck, IMO. Hope you enjoy.

BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Here is my from 2 seasons ago. This is a Californian Mule deer.

Thanks
    Thanks, but no he didn't get to see the mount before he left. I did make him some jerky, put it in foodsaver bags, and sent him some of the meat. Don't know if that was at all legal but he did get the package and enjoyed some the meat. When he got home, I think he was almost as excited to get his hands on the mount as he was to see his girl friend who had waited for him the two years.

Thanks

nevada buck

Here's my 2010 nevada buck... i shot him on august 4th...
    Last edited by hubba20; 05-03-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
    Here he is. A couple years ago from the texas hill country. I hunted this deer for about 47 minutes before I smoked him. Scored 14 P&Y!

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Doe Nob;3979]Here he is. A couple years ago from the texas hill country. I hunted this deer for about 47 minutes before I smoked him. Scored 14 P&Y!

Doe Nob,
    Man, it's too bad you lost points for symmetry, he should have easily been in the 20's!

Best of Luck,
    Jeff

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    Nice bucks guys!

Haven't had the opportunity to chase muleys with a bow, but this is my best archery buck and the story behind it. 25 1/4" wide blacktail.

http://pse-archery.com/content/newsd...a5b4f6dbbc79fe
    I really like that blacktails rack, Its got a really unique style, and Its the kind of animal that makes me envious, congatulations Big Sur

Thanks
    With limited time to archery hunt due to work I have to pick spots pretty close to home that I can hunt evenings after work or on the weekends. Found a bach group of bucks about a 10 min drive from my house and watched them for several day before the season, I was hoping to get one in velvet but had to leave town for a week during the opener and when I got back they had all shed there velvet. Anyways, I went out on a Saturday morning and watched about 6 bucks feed untill about 10am and then bedded them down in a bluffy area below a small cliff. I was able to sneak around and get above the deer for about a 15 yd shot, I didnt have a shot at the biggest one in the bunch but this one gave me a perfect shot so I took it and nailed him in the heart with a muzzy 100gr b-head, he ran 15yds and piled up. Not a huge buck but im proud of him and hope to get the big boy this year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010deer.jpg   2010Muley.jpg  
    Last edited by NRS; 04-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.